Cleaning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use pledge wood cleaner, then i give it a good rinsing and wipe down

I spent too many Saturdays trying to get theurine deposits off the cage floors with hot soapy water and a puttyknife. Then I read on this forum that if you pour straight vinegar inthe cage bottom and let it sit for 20 minutes the urine depositsdissolve.

It WORKS!:shock:

Now I clean them with the half vinegar/half water solution and only soak when necessary.

I am all about the vinegar thing now! I clean everything with it. :)

BunnyMom wrote:
Ispent too many Saturdays trying to get the urine deposits off the cagefloors with hot soapy water and a putty knife. Then I read on thisforum that if you pour straight vinegar in the cage bottom and let itsit for 20 minutes the urine deposits dissolve.

It WORKS!:shock:

Now I clean them with the half vinegar/half water solution and only soak when necessary.

I am all about the vinegar thing now! I clean everything with it. :)
Ditto!!!

It also removes mineral deposits. It works great for the water bottles.I soak the tubes in straight vinegar once a week and it keeps thedeposits from making the balls stick in the tubes.

The only other thing I use is Dawn dish soap.

If you use Woody Pet it will cut down the urine deposits to next to nothing.

Baking Soda also works for those tough urinestains, obviously make sure you wipe it off very well. Don't mix itwith vinegar either, or else you'll have a fun science project on yourhands. :p

I wouldn't use those harsh smelling products such as Pledge, eventhough we can't smell it, our rabbits probably can. I have a wood cagetoo, I wipe the top off with my swiffer and that works just as well.

For the inside, I use a mixture of water and vinegar.

Speaking of which, time to clean the cage again!

actually baking soda wouldnt do as great as a jobas a vinegar solution because rabbit urine is high in ammonia which isa base and vinegar is acidic so it would clean it better

If you put vinegar in a spray bottle and peroxidein a spray bottle and spray the cage that also works...I use to haverats and the vinegar/peroxide mix was the only thing that got the smellout....dont mix them, keep them seperate untill you put it on...

It worksI swear :)

PS . If nothing else the peroxide gets rid of the vineger smell...

Back