Cleaning white fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwuvbunbuns72

Reaction score
Chloe has recently been litter box trained butthe problem is she likes to lay in her litter box so now theres ayellow stripe down her stomach and sides.

I was wondering what i could use thats safe and could get the stain off?

I use a tear stain cleaner on my elderly goldenretriever's white face. It works really well. I'm not sure if it willget out the litter stains, but I think it will be worth trying. I'mpretty sure it's safe for bunnies, but just in case, you should diluteit a bit. Hope that helps.

Lemon Juice mixed with Baking Soda into apaste. Apply it to the stains, Let it dry and brush out...may need to be repeated, but I suggest waiting 24 hours betweencleanings. May not make it perfectly white, but it shouldimprove it!

I just recently used Johnson-n-Johnson babyshampoo on Freddy's feet tonight... it didnt take away the entirediscoloration but did a pretty good job .

What about a 50/50 vinegar water combo ..shouldnt bother the skin as long as there are no abrasions!

We used Dawn dishsoap on Binkie when she decided her litter pan was a good place to lounge :disgust:.

We put a couple of inches of warm water & Dawn in a plastic panbig enough for her to fit in. Just enough to get her feet, belly, andtushie washed. It worked really well.

We lined the tub with towels and then put the plastic pan in the tub.

Stinkie Binkie was stinkie no more and she seemed to enjoy it :D.

~Jim

If I see one little speck of dirt on my Emmy's fur, I wash it right away with clear water. :p

Although, I've heard that there are bunny wipes espeically madefor bunnies. I've heard that it goes great on washing bunny butts, feetand stomach.

Katy, Emmy and I!

Trina wrote:
If Isee one little speck of dirt on my Emmy's fur, I wash it right awaywith clear water. :p

Although, I've heard that there are bunny wipes espeically madefor bunnies. I've heard that it goes great on washing bunny butts, feetand stomach.

Katy, Emmy and I!
We've used regular baby wipes before. Just make sure they are alcohol-free and do not contain aloe vera.

~Jim

Ahh! Thanks Jimd! :dude:

I was planning to buy Bunny Wipes with my allowence, but the ones in my local Petsmart, it's really expensive!

Katy, Emmy & I

More methods:

For oily stains, Dawn dishwashing liquid works really well.

Getting bunny feet clean or white fur clean, mix 50/50 white vinegarand water in a spray bottle. Dampen the area, then rub in cornstarchuntil it has the consistency of toothpaste. Let it dry and then brushit out. You might have to do it a time or two for stubborn stains, butit'll take out tattoo ink as well.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back