Cleaning water bottles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

My bunnies each have a water bottle attached to their cage. So far all I've done when cleaning is rinse the bottle with very hot water, because I'm nervous about using any type of soap. Any suggestions on what to use? How often do you clean water bottles?

Jeff

I put a little white vinegar in mine, shake, rinse well and they are ready. If you see mold in there that won't come out with vinegar, I'd replace the bottle.

Laura

I toss mine in the dishwasher once a week - but I don't use soap...just the hot hot water. I'm paranoid about the soap I guess.

Peg

Hi, I wash my bunny bottles and plastic toys about once a week. I use regular dish washing liquid and hot water. I rinse really well. This has worked for me for the last 5 years. Hope this helps. Cage cleaning is done with diluted white vinegar. Beckie

I throw mine in the dishwasher when ever I notice it is dirty and when there is mold I get a bottle scrub brush and scrub the whole thing down. Yes, I do use whatever soap is in the dishwasher. I figure if it goes through the dishwasher and we can eat off of it so can the rabbits.

Latest posts

Back