cleaning tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
so about 2 years ago, i noticed that my skin was starting to become sensetive to a lot of stuff. so i cut out as many hard core cleaners and scented stuff.

now, starting 6 months ago, i am finding i can't use ANYTHING without reacting to it.

toothpaste. . . not at all, so i switched to an all natural, all organic brand, and now i am okay

had to do the same thing with mouth wash

my laundry? after breaking out way to many times i am to "all free and clear" to wash, and a natural (again, all organic) fabric softener. unscented.

can't use anything to help my whites stay, well, white.

bleach was on my safe to use cleaning list, as long as i was carefull with it. not anymore. can't use it anywere without completely breaking out in a rash. not in laundry, or at work (i work in a kitchen). if even an extremly diluted bleach/water solution gets on my skin, i get all red and itchy.

i have to wear gloves when doing this dishes because of the dishsoap, any chemicals used in our house has to be done by my roommate when i am not home, and completely washed off afterwards.

so i am stuck with white vinegar. . . i clean the rabbits cage with it, and the bathroom. . ect.

can't use oxyclean, or window washing stuff, no clorox products, can't use anywere spray anymore, no hard bathroom cleaners(like toilet bowl cleaners, ect). no bleach, no tile floor cleaners.

i even have issues sometimes with natural cleaners like orange glow, ect.

it is getting bad, my dr. is trying me on different allergy medicine, before going the full route of an allergy test.

it is so hard working in a kitchen were there are steel cleaners, and lime-away, and other normally great cleaning products, and i break out in a sever rash each time they are used near me.

it is starting to get the point that i have breathing issues because of it.

so i am just wondering, anyone else have issues like me? what natural cleaning options do you use?

how do you get your whites to stay white without bleach or oxyclean? lol

Dish soap is actually great for getting stains out. You can soak clothes in a bucket or sink with some dish soap, then rinse and wash normally.

Have you tried Borax? You can give that a try for pre-soaking whites and getting stains out. That is supposed to be more natural.

For cleaning bath tubs and getting rid of soap scum, I use dish soap mixed with baking soda. Or if dish soap bothers your skin use a natural castile soap (which actually works better, I'm just too cheap lol). And I just use vinegar for the rest of the bathroom to get fixtures shiny. I do use bleach in the toilet bowl, but I think vinegar would do okay as well. Vinegar is also pretty good at breaking up soap scum, you just have to let it sit for a little bit.

I have pretty sensitive skin too and had to switch to the no dyes laundry softener and detergent too. I was breaking out in hives and they where so itchy!

I also take an all natural fish oil based daily vitamin, and some fish oil capsules daily. It really helps my skin and my eczema.

-Dawn

Oh theres loads! Very easy to make your own too! Baking powder and white vinegar is all we use. For baths etc sprinkle BS then scrub, white vinegar is also very good mix with some water and eucalyptus oils and lavendar oils for scent and just spray it. Works wonders. I've only heard great things about the enho microfibre cleaning range my grandma loves them!

There is a whitener called ironically "bluing". If you use too much it will turn your whites blue so follow the directions carefully. I had to use it when my kids were small due to bleach issues and it worked wonders.

Back