Cleaning time behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morquinn

Reaction score
Is it wierd to have a bunny that isnt afraid of the vacuum? She just goes on her merry way around the livingroom while I vacuum, of course she never lets me get too close but she doesnt freak out and hide or anything. Also when I am doing quick cleans in her cage with a small handled broom she attacks it and wont get out of the way, she is so curious and I think she wants to eat it lol Someone elses bunny has to be like this... right? :confused2:

my bunnies stalk and attack normal sized brooms, lol... as for the vacuum, they don't hide but Nala does thump at me afterward :p

My rabbit doesn't mind the vacuum. I vacuum his cage a couple times a day with him in it and he is fine. He even comes up and checks out what i'm doing. Yet, if I bring out the dustpan and broom he hates it. As soon as I try to sweep up with the hand broom he freaks out grunting and getting mad. Thats why I vacuum and don't sweep up. Weird little guy

Cally LOVES the vacuum. I dont know if it is the light on the front or the vibration or what it is. I can never vacuum in a straight line due to him being in it! I have actually had to put him in his house so I could vacuum! Silly bunnies!

Thumper doesn't mind the vacuum at all but will take off when I use the hose attachment. I think it is the sound that he doesn't like. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. I wouldn't think he would be afraid of me moving just the hose around while the main body of the vacuum is stationary since he is not afraid of the whole vacuum coming at him. He also will lay in front of the gate or sit in front of the gate to his room and will stay put as I struggle to lift it over the gate.

Haven't used a broom but I could see a bun wanting to chew it.

Back