Cleaning question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckusluvr

Reaction score
does anyone have any tips for keeping your house clean? Charmin has a very very large NIC cage but the cage is in a carpeted room! i am having sooo much trouble keeping hay off of the carpet. Seems like I do more cleaning than hanging out with Charmin. And before too long there will be another bunny is a big NIC cage living in that same room.

hay will tear up a normal vacuum. I hate shop vacs, they seem so dusty and mess with my allergies. plus they are loud! And the one I have still doesnt pick up hay. It freaks Charmin out too.

anyone ever try sweeping hay off of the carpet with a broom? its horrible!
thanks for any help!

We bought the Sanitaire S3681 for 99.99 at are local vaccumm store. We use it only for rabbit cleaning, and we only use the hose part not the actual floor extension part. It has strong suction, cleans the carpet nice, and picks up the hay and fur just fine without clogs. The hay doesn't ruin the hose because it is hard plastic, you could step on it and it will hardly bend. You can either get the reg. filter or the one's made for those with allergies which is what we get because I'm allergic to quite a few things including rabbs! Anyway we really like this vaccumm, use it daily on each of their homes.

Sorry, but the best thing is the Shop Vac! Sucks up the loose hay and fur. Should be good for allergies too.:)

This is what we use and sometimes when moulting, hair is everyfreakinwhere, haha. It is a good tool!:)

Well what about putting coroplast under the cage, plastic cardboard. I use it cuz I have the same problem with the hay...then I sweep it up or use my hand vac... The hand vac is great with the hay, mine is a shark 16.8 volt

Back