Cleaning Cages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the plastic trays and I think the key to it - is staying on top of it.

I used to be really good at it - and then something snapped (Ginger died and I went through a major depression). Then Amy was here and I started seeing things through the eyes of others and WOW.

Now I have a cleaning schedule (or I'm trying to STICK to it)...it helps that there are three of us cleaning and I put on some music with a beat to it and go go go. We dump them into tubs which Art then takes to the dump.

Honestly though - I really prefer cleaning the cages that have trays over the ones w/ litter boxes and solid floors - they just clean so much easier now.

I'm about ready to do a major "fall cleaning" too now that the weather is cooler and get out a pressure hose and really do things up right. I used to try and do that two to four times a year but I'm a bit behind this year. I hope this weekend to get all the rabbitry done and maybe the garage also. The bunnies will wonder what is happening!

Peg

Hehe

Poop.jpg

Bo B Bunny wrote:
BlueGiants wrote:
You want a pain, empty a weeks worth of Flemish poop in 3 foot long trays!

:laughsmiley:This made me laugh - I don't know what it is but it was so funny to me!

I am always joking that Tony poos are bigger than the sheep poos! (pretty close at least!) and I can't even imagine Flemish poos! :shock:

I have just 7 bunnies...but it takes my a long time to clean cages too. I only have one pan to do, 6 hard floors and one wire cage, and the stuff from the wire cage drops onto a plastic sort-of wall thing. Then i just scoop it into the bucket. But I also have to empty wagon-loads of shavings, pooh and litter into the compost pile at the END of the yard! And, fill the water bucket, fill the water jug, and sweep and millions of other things.

The best thing I ever bought to help clean my bunnies cages was a mini vacuum cleaner. I just vacuum up the dry stuff then spray the cages with bunny cage cleaner and then mop that all up and jobs done. It takes me about 5 - 10 minutes to clean Grace out and set her up again. Louis takes longer as he still isnt litter trained....he just doesnt get why he should use a tray when he can poo everywhere

I only have like 2 plastic trays and they are kinda easy though. What I always try to do is just also use soap on them to to get the smell of sometimes. But I'll only do that like once a month. But now that the winter is coming I'm just going to use water on them not even use soap. But I'll try to buy plastic trays one by one.

Latest posts

Back