Cleaning and Feeding Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
HeyRO,

My question is two fold. Firstly I was just wondering what types of treats are okay to offer our buns. We have them on hay, pellets and veggies are part of their regular diet....I heard somewhere that there are some breakfast cereals that are acceptable?? Not sure which ones, usually we will feed a sliver of banana or strawberry , but we are looking for new things to try!

Secondly, our girl Hugsy loves to dig and rip:)She has claimed teritory on one of our old phone books...she can sit there for hours on end going at it....the problem is that her paws are all black from the print on the phone book pages. I was just wondering if there was something that we could use that was gentle enough to clean her paws off.....I'm just concerned that when grooming she may ingest some of the print from her paws.....

Thanks everyone !

Hi Pancakes!

Cheerios was fed to Bebe by her previous owners. I stopped it because Bebe was over weight. They don't really need the treats, but we spoil them anyways. I give mine ZuPreem AvianMaintenance Bird Diet for Large Parrots. Craisens is something they will kill for. As always, treats are to be given sparingly.

For Hugsy's paws, you can spray on some diluted vinegar and wipe off.

I actually hand feed mine a piece or 10 of old fashioned oats now and then. Only now and then tho.

They get a sliver of banana too, Bo loves a cheerio or two, Clover loves a bit of canned pumpkin, Bo absolutely loves shreaded wheat and can have one about once a month LOL!

My favorite thing to do is hand feed pieces of cilantro. They think it's a treat but it's good for them! and I love to watch them eat it and hear them crunching and thinking they've gotten a goodie!

I give my guys paper bags to chew and dig at. They LOVE it.

I also give mine 2 cheerio's a day as a treat. I don't give my old fashioned oats as a treat, they get 1 tablespoon full of them mixed in with their pellets daily. It helps keep their poop staying firm.

Mini Rex are so prone to weight gain I have to really be careful with Bo's diet.

Clover could eat the entire box of oats and not gain an ounce.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Clover could eat the entire box of oats and not gain an ounce.

Lol I know what you mean....We have two girls and a boy....our ladies can eat just about anything and still maintain their girlish figures.....but pancakes on the other hand tends to grow horizontally, faster than he grows vertically...poor boy, but he's the baby of the family so growing is still natural we figure....thats why we try to keep all treats as nutritious as possible.....

But a special treat once in a while is okay:)We still have yet to try the cherios but the oats are going over as a success!

As for Hugsy, she's a lost cause. Her paws were cleaned on saturday....and then she got a new phone book:p

Latest posts

Back