claires fake nials wiht glue help!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patches2593

Reaction score
i bought fake nails from claires and it comes with the glue to apply the nails to your nails. can the glue do harm? can u just apply the glue right to your nail or the fake nail first? can someone help me because i don't know what to do!!! can these damage your nails?

thank you

Last edited:
I'm a guy ..... what do I know.....but here's a vid-link to youtube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6zia9Lwgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6zia9Lwgw[/ame]

It will damage your nails; just 'cos glue does. Some are better/worse than others, but I've never used Claire's, though, so I don't know how good/bad it is. Try googling and seeing what other people have to say?

Any fake nails are bad. Your nails need to breathe, and with fake nails they can't. That's why people that always wear them have ugly yellow nails. Occasionally they probably don't hurt, but for long-term use I think they can detrimental to your real nails.

With horses, nails aren't even a possibility, so I'm just going by what my friends/family tell me. LOL

I don't get the idea of fake nails. If you take care of your original nails and not chew them, you wouldn't need fake nails. That's just my opinion. But just a word of advise, fungus can grow under the quick if not properly done, which in turn will run the original nail and cause problems. It's not pretty. And it's not a good experience. Very painful. Knew someone who went through that all to look good.

If you can grow your nails or they break, there's something lacking in your diet. Maybe looking at that instead hiding the problem under fake nails would be best. Again, that's my opinion. Maybe get away from the instant gratification idea and work on a long term positive way of growing your nails. I'm old fashion, and I apologize for that.

K :)

they are the cheap ones so they wont stay on long... so could fungus still grow? im not getting the fake nails that are professionally done and stay on for a VERY long time soooo

Again have no clue about fake nails, but having them on for a few days or for a party I don't think will cause fungus. And regarding the glue, could nail polish remover help? Again have no clue about fake nails.

Short term for a few days is not going to cause fungus. Yes it can damage your nail. Removing them you use acetone nail polish remover and soak your nails in them till the glue lets loose. But the inexpensive ones may just pop off.

As to if you are healthy and eat right and work at you can have nice nails...that is not always the case. Some medications will cause you to have brittle nails and no amount of healthy eating will fix that. Also people with thyroid issues may have problems with brittle nails even when their meds are regulated and levels are where they should be. So no not everyone can grow their nails and for those of us that can't it is sometimes very embarassing to have nails shorter than a mans.

I feel for anyone with an issue with their nails, whether it be hand or foot. I just don't understand why anyone would cover up a brittle nail with a fake nail. If your nails are brittle, something is not right. It may not be an alarming not right, but it's still not right. Nails are a waste product of the body like your hair. It has a little bit of everything in it. I'm not in that catagory of society where I need to be stunning or attractive. I'm at an age now, that this is what you get. My nails are clean, my hair is turning grey but clean.

What I would recommend going to a dermatologist and find out how naturally to get your brittle nails healthy again. They know about how medications affect. Also stress affects your nails and your hair. It just isn't the poop hole that gets messed up with stress. Your whole body does.

And in today's world, what isn't stressful. But go to a dermatologist. Find out the real deal instead of hiding it under fake because of embarrassment. Understand exactly where you are coming from and what you are up against. But find out what's wrong first. Then approach the resolve.

I like to have pretty nails, and I used to do pottery, which necessitates short nails. :D I've never actually used fake nails, but there are plenty of reasons why people use fake nails, even if they don't have bad nails. Short nails because of work, etc, and then one weekend they want pretty nails.
It's the little things that help a woman with low self esteem; if you don't need it, then awesome! I'm amazed, and envy you. But just little things, like carefully done nails, do wonders for boosting self esteem.

Patches, I would love to see pictures of your nails! :D

I am a terrible nail biter...i try so hard to not bite my nails. But when stress comes, the nail biting starts...so sometimes I put fake nails on for like 2 weeks and let my real nails grow out some and then soak the fake nails off and get my real nails done...it usually keeps me from biting them. I was doing really good about not biting them, but these past couple of months it has been a three ring circus so my nails have taken a hit

Latest posts

Back