Claiming/Chinning fun or furious?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Watching Bo this morning in the Xpen, I started thinking about his chinning everything in sight. Over and over; My box, my bag, my ball, my litter pan, this side of the box is mine too, the inside of the litterpan, outside of the litterpan, etc., etc.,... Now, I know he was doing this because Heidi was playing in there yesterday afternoon. I'm sure he can smell her and I know he saw her.

His actions indicate that he's claiming his stuff, but is he mad? He sure doesn't seem to be! He's binkying and his ears are perked up as far as he can hold them. He's doing the 500 and pouncing the bag, chewing the box, etc.

I actually think it's something "new" for him to do and it's fun!

Do your bunnies act like this or do they get mad about other bunny smells?

Bo doesn't like another bunny smell on me tho. That'snot at all good.:whatever

my bunny chins everything too, including me.

it's their way of saying, "MINE, MINE MINE MIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!" your bunny definitely doesn't sound mad, just determined to claim all he surveys as HIS property!

selfish little plopsour rabbits are:)

Yeah, but I figured it was an angry thing! He actually seems to enjoy the fact he is doing it!

Maybe it's like "hahaha! You think it's yours!"

He doesn't sound mad. :) He just wants his own space back, and he can smell Heidi, so he's just putting his scent back on everything. He is the boss, obviously. ;)

Rachel.

Yeah - this could go on for a while tho - the Xpen is community play area for when I can't watch him like a hawk when he's out and for him and Cloverbunny to play or just Cloverbunny (she can't be loose or she literally climbs the walls, hides, freaks, etc.) cause she plays in there daily.

Latest posts

Back