City buns, country buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Just curious. I personally live in acity, although I'm moving to a place with a backyard next week whichwill be good.

How do you have to adjust your bunnies' lives for where you live?

Suburbs. My town is big enough to be called acity, but they just don't want to because they will lose funding. Ilive on a miniature horse farm with chickens and my miniature horses.About 2 acres with a lot of forest around me, and a park next to me.

I live in the middle of no where......:p

winter.jpg

~Amy

At the moment, my buns live in the country, butthey are moving to the suburbs as soon as Shawn and I find ahouse. We just haven't had any time to look for the longesttime...I feel like I'm going to be here forever...

They are all inside buns, so I guess it probably doesn't matter tothem. The never go outside, but I'm actually thinking ofbuilding them a run. Sampson used to go outside all the timeat his breeder's house, but now he is terrified. And aterrified Flemish equals a really scratched up Mommy.

Jen

We're pretty rural here...:)

Well they call Durham a city as it has acathedral but it's not exactly very busy like Newcastle or London etc.I prefer it that way. It's way too busy in big cities!! I like Durham,it's a city but it's near the country so i go horseriding all the time.I have a massive garden, i have the bunny section, the patio section,the flower bit, the grass for playing on or another bunny run orwhatever, the vegtable patch and the hens run, lol. We actually haverun out of space, i think we need a bigger one.... I love my gardentho, it's got loads of trees and plants in it aswell as two MASSIVEtrees at the end which is the bit that faces thestreet sowhen i'm in my garden if i couldn't hear cars it would be like i was inthe country. My buns love it tho, Millie just now was standing on a boxi gave her looking into the street, i think i'll have to take her downtheir to have a look one day-bless her!!

I live in the middle of nowhere. Therearre maybe 100 people in our town. We have one store lol. It a grocerystore, pizza place on the weekends and gas station.:shock:

I didn't really do anything different here than I did when I lived in the city.

Tina

We're in the suburbs but you'd think it wascountry w/all the animals hanging around......deer, chipmunks, fox,owl, wild rabbits and my latest catch (opened the soffits, came in thewall and had 3 babies)

raccoon2005.jpg

Snuggles is definately an indoor bunny!

I live in the ghetto. Does that count? Graffiti, gunshots, police choppers, illegal immigrants, etc...

The only adjustments I make is in the summer. I bring thebuns inside. The highs here are 115 in the summer.When my buns are outside in their hutch, I lock it with TWOpadlocks. I live right by my old high school and I alwaysfear some kid would LOVE to either torture or pet my bunnies.I remove that temptation and lock the hutch and BOTH of mygates. :? Anyone else live on the wrong side of thetracks?

Kricket, nope you aren't the only one. Igrew up on the wrong side. I can remember dreaming of living in thecountry one day. I hated living there. We weren't allowed out of theyard and had to check in all the time. It was really hard.

Tina

Hey Tina, it stinks growing up in theghetto. I am, however used to it. But it has mademe callous. I think I expect the worst from some of thesekids around here. I am really not prejudice, my brother is 17and goes to the high school across the street, he has sweetfriends. They beg me everytime they are over to hold thebunnies. At first I thought they would shave them orsomething, but they truly want to hold and love them. Sillyboys! :p

Hugs from the ghetto in Tucson, Arizona!

Latest posts

Back