Circling and nipping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larlar44

Reaction score
Ok guys, well, here recently we are going through a little bit of something with Fluffly Willow. She's a wonderful bunny you guys she is so sweet. But recently she has been getting moody and thumping a fair amount. She has always taken up to me pretty well and for the past few months usually follows me around in the house wherever I go but now she does that and whenever I stop somewhere she circles my legs fast and it can go on for a minute or 2 if I don't move and she will nip whatever she can. Ankle, foot, if I sit down she will nip whatever part she can get to easy. Like back, leg, etc. I usually make it apparent that I don't like it and that I don't accept it but she will just keep on. Occasionally she will thump while doing so or right after. All has progressivly gotten worse. I wonder if since we haven't gotten her fixed yet if she is getting hormonal. But guys. I swear it's crazy I don't want to restrict her to a smaller area when she is out but if not she will continue to follow me, circle me, nip at me, and thump. But at the same time if I restrict her space even a little she will probably get pissed and start thumping. She's moody guys. Help.

Just like the others have said, this is hormonal behavior. The circling, nipping, and thumping she is doing, are essentially from sexual frustration. Only way to stop the behavior is get her spayed by a rabbit savvy vet asap.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

This is definitely hormonal! Are you planning to get her spayed?
Yes we are. We didn't know for sure how old she was when we got her but pretty sure she was still a baby. We have watched her grow so much within the past 5 months. This is our first bunny baby so we are still learning things. It's just all gotten so excessive. I figured it was hormones. Just wanted an extra opinion. Thank you!

Just like the others have said, this is hormonal behavior. The circling, nipping, and thumping she is doing, are essentially from sexual frustration. Only way to stop the behavior is get her spayed by a rabbit savvy vet asap.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Ok thank you so much for your response! I thought it was probably hormonal I just wanted to make sure It wasn't something else.

We had one that even after she was neutered, she'd still exhibit courting behavior and even nest building. If Nancy came into the bunny room while I was in there, she'd screech at her and attack her Levi's--I guess that was an alpha female discussion which Nancy didn't think was near as funny as I did.

We had one that even after she was neutered, she'd still exhibit courting behavior and even nest building. If Nancy came into the bunny room while I was in there, she'd screech at her and attack her Levi's--I guess that was an alpha female discussion which Nancy didn't think was near as funny as I did.

Hahaha it's so funny that even after that some bunnies still try to establish dominance. I don't know if little Willow is at that point. But she definitely does need to be spayed soon. I guess only time will tell.

Latest posts

Back