Cinnamon the Cinnabun's Bunderful Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy to say Cinna has been cleared by the vets to get back to her usual hijinks. :biggrin2:

Here are two videos of Cinna's progress in training... she has so much fun! The first is showing the second stage of shaping of a pick up, hold and retrieve of a toy. There are also a few 'stand ups' at the end for kicks.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/aNMjNtj1CRY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
:bunnydance:
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/DRuRPEwfd9M&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
working on taking it from my hand for proper middle 'grip'
We're going Tuesday to the RSPCA to see if we can find her a friend. :pinkbouce: There are so many lovely buns there at the minute and I'm driving myself crazy wondering who she'll pick! RSPCA Burwood East Buns

My husband brought home this tunnel for Cinna tonight and she had an absolute ball - running through it, chinning it in about a hundred places, nudging it to roll all over the room etc etc.
P13201050.jpg

P13201070.jpg

Meanwhile I am *SO* excited about getting to go adopt a second bunny tomorrow that I'm not sure I'll be able to get to sleep!!!!!!

Thanks so much on the congrats Wabbitdad... my girls absolutely adore agility and training!

Cinna and I went to the RSPCA today for her bunny dates. There were 3 cute boys whom she got along with which made it hard to choose! The first was a light brown lopX, who immediately hopped over to her and began humping happily away. LOL His name, rather aptly, was Romeo. Cinna didn't mind though and happily explored his kennel and sniffed each other. They said he was a bit shy with new people and didn't like to be picked up but was fine with head pats and such. (Honestly, isn't that most rabbits? Cinna lets me pick her up but she doesn't LOVE it... doesn't fuss me!) He'd apparently been turned in as a youngster, adopted out from Piercedale RSPCA and then returned to the Burwood East RSPCA this time poor fella.

The second was a himalayan boy, who they said was more snuggly but had only recently been neutered and so was still a bit hormonal. He seemed quite neutral to her during their date, spent a lot of time hanging out at the other end of the cage just trying to gauge each other.

The third boy was a glossy white uppy earred boy who was initially fine with her but did at one point seem to be thinking of pulling hair from her flank. He was very sweet but had already started to bond to a girl-bun at the shelter and they were grooming each others ears so I thought it'd be sad to split them up.

I let her have a second visit with all of them with similar results. She seemed a bit less comfortable around the white boy because he was so keen. The himalayan boy was again rather indifferent and the light brown boy... well, he was LOVIN' her! :p At the end I saw him give a tiny lick to her ear though which was what sold me. That and the fact he had one ear lopped and one ear uppy which made him look adorablely like my dog Sierra.

So without further ado, Romeo packed his bags and came home! He's quietly settling in his cage after having a nibble of hay, a drink, a stretch and the worlds biggest YAWN!

09032010romeoheadshot.jpg

09032010inabox.jpg

09032010romeo.jpg

One uppy ear, one loppy ear!
09032010tongue.jpg

Just for fun!

Yes, I'm on a roll tonight - just so excited!

Romeo and Cinna had their second date once we settled the kids for the evening. It went very well! They spent about 10 minutes just hopping around and sniffing each other.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/rvz8X1w2120&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
I can't fathom WHY the shelter called him shy - he hopped right up on me as I was laying on the floor, scrambled up to my face and nudged me, not subtly either, until I petted him!
:bunnyheart
A little bit later, Cinna wanted some reassurance from me and snuggled up near my cheek, so I stroked her forehead and rubbed ears. He came up and settled in for an ear rub as well and just blissed out, eyes drifting shut, utter contentment. Even his perky ear flopped down. LOL

Thanks! He's proving to be a real doll! Their second and third dates today have gone well... the second was quite similar to the night before. The third one she started requesting he groom her and after a few times of missing it or ignoring it he gave her ear kisses! Aw! Then he flopped near her, before peeping up to be sure she was watching! LOL
P13201370.jpg

An uncommonly handsome bunny, my Romeo!
P13201290.jpg

"Groom me?" says Cinna
P13201230.jpg

Ear kisses! ZOMGCUTE!!!
flop.jpg

"I luffs you!" *FLOMP*... *peeps up to check she's looking*... *flomps*
P13201250.jpg

It's hard work being so cute!
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=54588&forum_id=6

They are utterly the most adorable pair I've ever seen! I was so worried, mentally preparing myself for a tough bonding, had read all the horror stories about it taking months/years/never happening and bunnies who caused each other wounds and abcessess etc. I can't believe that so far it's gone so smoothly!!!
P13201430.jpg

First, Cinnamon, just because she's so darn CUTE!
P13201490.jpg

And from this morning, having our bath after mornings tea.
P13201570.jpg

Romeo and Cinna, progressing from cute...
P13201480.jpg

...to cuter...
P13201590.jpg

...to so-sweet-it-causes-cavities! They've been snuggling, flopping next to each other (rather dramatically at that! LOL) and grooming the whole of their afternoon session!
P13201500.jpg

Sir 4.5 after we'd had a talk about bunny body language and how their mutal floppage was their way of saying they really liked each other: "Mum, I'm flopping next to O-me-oh so he knows I like him too!" He knows they are mum's bunnies so he has to be sitting/laying down if he wants to be in the room they're in while they are out and that he may not bother them unless one comes up to him and requests attention.

From this mornings bonding session:
P13201810.jpg

So far it's been Romeo who grooms Cinna but today Cinnamon spent a good 10 minutes making sure he was presentable. :bunnyhug: We had more of the previous sessions mutual floppage, mind-melds and other happy bunny behaviour, along with binkies and then this. Nawww... so cute!

Meanwhile naughty Cinna figured out how to undo the latch to her cage and let herself out all night! We were woken when the Bunny 500 included a fast lap around the bedroom, down the hall and onto my sons bed before zooming back to nudge my leg (as I was getting up wondering what the heck was going on!) to request treats! Lucky she's CUTE, the little imp!!!

She was VERY pleased with herself!!! LOL Thankfully everything is child/dog/cat/kitten/bunny-proof so she didn't get up to anything naughty! LOL

We've had a big step in their bonding today - first Romeo graduated to being able to access a lot bigger space than the hallway, bedroom and bathroom I'd been using to hold bonding sessions. He's been out in the livingroom, diningroom etc with her today. I'd held off because it's open plan and has lots of furniture and such, so if they did have a spat they could cover lots of turf and be potentially difficult to seperate. I also gave them free access to the cages as well, which I'd held off on in case they had a spat in there and it caused a set back. This is despite both buns showing nothing but enjoyment of each other - just me wanting to do everything correctly, not rush it because it's been going smooth and such.

Well I need not have worried - they were in each others cages and nothing more eventful than mutual floppage occured. Same thing when out with free roam of the house. I even left eyesight for a short time this evening - long enough to duck into the front garden and snip some herbs for their evening tea!

I had to crack up when I was putting them away for the night a few minutes ago and gave them their treats. Cinna was first and Romeo thumped me several times while weaving about my feet when I gave Cinnamon her first!!! For a supposedly "shy" bun, he's quite a cheeky boy! LOL

Gosh it's been awhile! Well, by way of a quick update Cinna and Romeo are completely bonded and utterly in love. It is gorgeous watching the two of them snuggle!

We've had a busy little while here with sick kids and husband and Hope (one of our dogs) managing to trip on her own two feet and fracture a tooth. Ouch! (Ouch for my wallet too!)

The other week, I got to visit one of the ladies I know through my breeds (dog) club who has pups at the minute to see how I'd feel about eventually getting another pup after loosing two of mine last year. Long story short, she has said one of the pups I snuggled may be available but we need to talk terms... I am very excited/emotional over the possibility though it's not for sure yet.
pup.jpg

Last but not least Romeo's little contribution to helping bunnies not be sold as cheap and disposable easter gifts.
projectmmc.jpg

You have never seen two buns so in love! I feel sooooo lucky given how many horror stories about bonding I've heard since getting them, to have stumbled into a perfect love-match my first attempt and with literally the first boy she met on her 'date'!

They are almost always side-by-side unless they're racing around after each other! I honestly can't imagine why anyone would have turned him in, he is just a sweetheart and a gentleman! He is a tad shy about being picked up still so I think maybe whomever had him was not very rabbit savy and picked him up roughly. But he's perfectly happy to clamber up in my lap or hop on me and fall asleep on my back if I lay down on the floor to watch tv late at night. And he's so gentle taking treats, even tiny bits of pellets the most I ever feel is the gentle touch of lips - never teeth.

I will have to get some pictures of him now that he's finished moulting for the moment! I got a bunch of Cinnamon today:
P132075900-1.jpg

P13207500-1.jpg

P13207430-1.jpg

P13207610-1.jpg

P13207390-1.jpg

P13207350-1.jpg

P13207290-1.jpg

Hehe... I am a little bit obsessive about the cuteness of bunny lips! Hard to get a decent picture though!
P13207720-1.jpg

My 4.5 year old, "I'm going to tell your bunny a story okay mum?"

My little madam turned 1 year old a few days ago as well... such a little sunshine!
P13207750-1.jpg

P13207900-1.jpg

P13207920-1.jpg

And while the puppy I was going to get isn't going to happen now for the next little while, we've been puppysitting and having great fun!

We had a bit of excitement with the sheep over the past few days... first a fence was busted and the sheep dashed out into the neighbors land. When I called them home, they had found a young ram lamb somewhere - in tact, without his tail docked (and a perfectly filthy breech) and not debudded. Poor guy. None of my nearby neighbors have sheep though, so we're not sure where he came from. Then this morning I woke up to the sound of frantic bleating and found Astra, one of my chocolate and white ewe lambs had stuck her head through the fencing in an attempt to reach a bucket she was convinced contained food and got herself stuck. The second I set her loose, she stuck it right back trying to reach the bucket again... mind you it was EMPTY. Daft girl! LOL

I was very behind with your news! I just read a whole lot to catch up... A belated welcome to Romeo! He is adorable. And the two of them are ridiculously cute together.

Your kids are very cute as well. I love the captions, and quotes from your son saying he will lie down to tell the bunnies that he likes him haha. so cute! Happy Birthday to your daughter too. Did you do much to celebrate her birthday?

You sound like me a bit atm, I am way behind and will likely catch up in 2020 or so. ;)

La, my son, is a hoot... he is a funny little soul, very sensitive in some ways but a total ratbag in others. (Meant completely affectionately!) He keeps us on our toes for sure! Thanks for the birthday wishes! We had a party at our home for her which she had a lot of fun at... we had to have it a bit later than intended as she was a bit ill on the original intended date.

The puppy I was babysitting had to go home today... I know he had to but I will still miss him heaps! It's been such fun having a little pup here again. My son is NOT happy with me as he really wanted to keep it and had been laying it on rather thick for the past few days, "Mum, Kate has LOTS of dogs. She doesn't need him!"..."Mum can I sing a song for the puppy? 'Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear puppppyyyyyy, you're the best puppy in the woooorrlllddddd!!!' That is what I will sing on his next birthday okay mum?"... "But mum I LOVE Charlie Brown and will miss him for ever and ever and EVER!" etc etc. Can anyone say 'guilt trip'????

Latest posts

Back