Church people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aina

Reaction score
Sorry I am ranting here, but I am. I know, I mostly just lurk here and don't post much. I just need to get my thoughts out.

Ok, I really don't like church. Bad, I know. But I love God, its the people at church who are annoying and frustrating. No offense to those who go to church, I know there are some good people there. But the ones I am talking about are those that say they care, but they don't. Why is it everywhere else I can talk to people and have them talk back and stuff but I am generally a wallflower at church. I have tried to be nice and to get to know people, but it seems they are shallower than a kiddie pool. Even the ones who are supposed to be the teachers.

I don't care if you care, you guys don't even know me. I am just another person who likes rabbits and doesn't post much. You don't have to pretend to care. It is those that say they care and lie to your face. I wouldn't even care if they said flat out "I don't care" but they don't.

It is like, I have this business and am working with a company that sales pretty much everything, but they won't even look at any of the stuff to see if they could buy it from me and help me through college instead of helping the Waltons get richer. Hello? Do they brush you teeth? We have both toothbrushes and toothpaste. Do they wash their clothes? We have that stuff too. Can't they at least look? I know times are hard, but it isn't like I am selling things people wouldn't use anyways. We know the economy is really in the tank when people stop using deodorant.:vomit: Proverbs 18:13 He who gives an answer before he hears, It is folly and shame to him. They don't have to buy, just look. Tell me if it is overpriced, just don't act like you really want to help when you don't. But, I digress. This is just the latest thing. They always give the "holy" answer and say will pray for me and "support" me bull. They won't even give me five minutes of their day. What support is that? James 2:16 ...and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
Thats what it feels like.

They don't care, and I need to get over that fact. But I hate it, and I hate feeling like this. I have the fact that I would rather be changing my rabbits litter box than going to church. I hate the feeling of nervousness I get when I walk into church. I hate not being able to honestly recommend my church to a friend that just got saved. It is God's house. I love God. I should be happy. What is wrong with me? We have changed churches even and it is always this way. There was a period of about a year when we were apart of what I think true fellowship should be like. But then everyone moved off. I miss them so much.

Well, that is my rant. If you have actually read it all you are a saint and deserve cookies.

There are certain churches I feel more comfortable in than others. I did a lot of searching when I was in college to find something my soul felt comfortable in. I'm sorry you're not feeling comfortable where you're at. I hope you find a place that feels right soon!

Have you tried going to other churches? Several of my friends in college tried a UCC church and really liked how neighborly everyone was. It was like a real community. So they've been going for years now and still really like it. My brother goes with them sometimes and he's not even religious, and his ex-Catholic wife really likes that church too.

I think if you're uncomfortable in your church it's better to look around and find one that suits you more. There's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't even need to be of the same denomination.

Don't be sorry ranting here. I did the same thing this week. Everyone has days they just need to get things off their chest.

I am really sorry you feel that way about your church. It doesn't sound like a fun place to be and I could see why you would rather be changing litter boxes. I am not a very religious person so you can ignore my opinion if you would like but if I dreaded going somewhere I wouldn't go. Do you think maybe there is a church program on tv or online you can watch from home while you snuggle with your buns? I know a church I use to attend had it online so you could listen from home.

I would feel the same way you did if I was selling everyday things that you know people are buying and they won't even look. I would much rather buy my toothbrush and toothpaste and help someone I know then help the local grocery store.

I really don't think there is anything wrong with you. I know people at my work sell Avon and Mary Kay and I will try to buy things I know I will buy from somewhere else off from them. I always wear makeup so why not buy my makeup off from them and help them out. It usually isn't more expensive either.

I hope things get better for you.

Thanks. Yeah, I think I just needed to get stuff off my chest. I don't have a car so I can't go anywhere else, but I guess my church isn't really that bad. After all, Jesus still went to synagogue and the people there were plotting to *kill* him. I doubt anyone at my church is that bad, lol. It is just certain people who are like the Pharisees. But I bet there are those people at every church. I just hate the fact that sometimes I get so nervous, even if it is around the people I like at the church. But yesterday I felt better, and someone came and talked to me who I didn't even expect to do so so I wasn't sitting there left out.

It's just the people at my old church were really really close, like family, and went through a whole lot together so I was really missing them. I still am, but now my best friend from there has facebook so we have been chatting.

yeah i think its good that you are ranting here in other wise you'll have your feelings all bottled up and then soon it'll al burts :)

All the best
Prisca x

Aina wrote:
Well, that is my rant. If you have actually read it all you are a saint and deserve cookies.
Please make mine - chocolate chocolate chip....and I'd like a full dozen if possible!

:highfive:

Seriously I get what you're saying....I've been in churches that were like that and I've been in churches that were really friendly.

I've been out of church for a few months - things in my life made me realize that I needed to be back and I went on Sunday.

I remember a couple of years ago when someone was talking about how at church we're all there for each other and to intermingle with each other. (I'm not a shallow person and shallow people drive me up the wall)....but anyway....I digress.

I remember Robin looking at the kids in front of us who were sort of playing and being fidgety...and smiling at them and saying later that the sermon made her realize that she was there to "intermingle" with those kids as much as to do other things...and I was thinking, "Wow...all they did was frustrate me".

I say all this to say - I started looking at "what can I give" vs. "what can I get"...or "what can I enjoy" vs. "what irritates me"...

It made church more enjoyable for me -and I'm glad now to be back in church....even if the kids do irritate me if I'm not careful.

I do wish you were in a friendlier church though...that does make it hard!

Alot of my people in my parish just go to church to see who goes and doesn't go and to gossip about the people who didn't show up today or never go, they are all just there to gossip and none of them really care about the religious part, even though they say they do and look down on the people who don't attend, which is partly the reason I have no religion.

I personally think that you can love, worship and follow God wherever you are (and I'm not religious in the slightest, that's just my opinion). It doesn't have to be a church. If you try others and find they don't work for you either, maybe try something different, such as setting aside a special time each day/week, etc. That will allow you to do whatever it is you feel is important to you, in terms of him.

Latest posts

Back