Christmas Tree Ornaments

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
My husband has beengiving me grief over my Christmas ornaments. I keep everything thechildren have ever made in the way of ornaments. I also have bought orhandmade each of them a special ornament each yearaswell.I've got a few ornaments from when I grew up that I puton my tree and some that were handed down from my grandmotheror mother to myself. Every ornament is put on our tree each year, noexceptions! We've had a few years that our poor old tree was bowingdown under the weight! We don't put any pretty balls or anything elseon it anymore, there isn't room! My husband would like to have a"pretty tree". I love these ornaments. My plan is to send each child'sornament with them when they marry and start their own family and havetheir own home. It will help them begin their own traditions. I will bevery sad to see themgo. Ilove the cardboard and yarn ornaments from kindergarten...I love thelittle art project ornaments they did...I love to look at the baby'sfirst Christmas ones, or the USA Eagle from when Bryan was inIraq...the little marshmallow man from the summer we had so much fun atthe lake...Shiny balls don't mean all those things to me!

I'd love to see your ornaments if you have time!

PS- in the second picture down you cansee the ornament we got Sebastian's little girl this year - it's abunny in a stocking - for the year she got Sebastian! :)

Raspberry

ornamentsA.jpg

ornamentsB.jpg

ornamentsC.jpg

ornamentsD.jpg

Ooooh, I'll have to get some pics later :)

My mom does something similar to what you do: every year, we get a newornament that represents something in that year (this year I got cats,because of our foster kittens). She saves them all in individual boxes,so when we move away we can take them with us and start our owncollection :D (she also saves every ornament we've ever made :p)

I like your tree - everything has significance :)

I like the sentimental trees too, but I also likepretty trees, so we have two! one fancy one (well fancy forus anyways;)) and one with all the homemade school ornaments, andornaments from when i was young. I wish I knew how to postpictures!maybe I will ask hubby to do it for me, gosh you guys have noteven seen a picture of my bunnicula Blossom. She is thecutest broken tort holland lop! Tracy

I love pretty treesalso! I used to own my own gift shop and I got to decorate a dozen orso trees any way I wanted in my shop! There were a couple years that Iput up two trees in my house but really, I just don't have the room.Maybe I could get rid of a kid or two and make room for anothertree......

Raspberry

Ok there's a lot, and I cut down on the number of pictures
11_4_125v.gif

z366w

I tried to write on them, but then sized them down so small you can't read most of the writing... SORRY

Megan

Megan, those are wonderful! I could readmost of them. I just love that kind of stuff! That's how every one ofmine are too! :)

Show me more you guys, show memore!

Raspberry

Okay, I loved whatyou did so much Megan, I went back and cropped some of mine and putlittle messages on them too! But I have to stop now, it'slate and I have got to get to bed! :?

Raspberry

ornament1.bmp
ornament2.bmp
ornament3.bmp

ornament6.bmp
ornament5.bmp

ornament9.bmp
ornament11.bmp
ornament8.bmp

ornament10.bmp
ornament4.bmp
ornament7.bmp

Well since I moved out in May... this is the first year my mum decorated both our trees.

We always had two trees in our house, one was the family tree, that mymom would decorate and my dad would put the Lionel Train set under, theother one was the santa tree that us kids would decorate.

Every year my dad would buy us all a new ornament. And thisis the firxt year without that tradition. It is kinda sad tonot see my ornaments on the santa tree, but my mom did decorate it allpurdy with birds and bows.

So cute RaspberrySwirI don't have a 'baby's firstChristmas' decoration because no one ever got me one. My brother andsister got theirs as Christmas presents on their first Christmas frommy Aunt's but I was left out, lol.

I have a decoration I made in Play School. It was a black film canisterwith macaroni glued to it and then painted gold. We threw it out thisyear though, it's gotten wrecked over the years. I have decorationsfrom grade 8 though. :)

It's so beatiful! I would really love to show youmine, but I don't have a webcam.!:?Last night I took a photoof Emmy sniffing the presents.... i want to scan it in our printer wehave too show you guys!! And Raspberry where do youget those bunny ornaments? I would love to have one for Emmy's firstChristmas! And your tree looks so FABULOUS with allthosememories. :)

What a great thread, Raspberry!

All of my tree ornaments are still in VT. :( It's actually be sad nothaving all of my Xmas decorations with me this year, stuff from mychildhood and things I've bought on my own as an adult, plus thewonderful gifts over the years.

I've started a new tradition with my husband and I. This is our firstChristmas together (married), so one of his gifts is an "Our FirstChristmas" ornament. I also got him a nutcracker, and we decided thatevery year we will buy a new one and mark the year on the bottom of itwith a sharpie.

My mother sent me a ton of tree ornaments, as she knew all of my stuffis in VT. I did get some things, twobeing ornaments with ournames on them.

I do miss my stuff though.

Latest posts

Back