Christmas getting to know you

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
This is on another page I belong to.It's kinda fun and interesting. Just cut and paste and fillin your own answers.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love them both

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?wraps anything and everything, right down to two rollsof paper to wrap a basketball hoop last year

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?White on thehouse and we alternate on the tree, I like white hubby likes colored soI alternate on years. This year its my turn.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the dayafter Thanksgiving unless I'm feeling down. Then I do it earlier. Thisyear they're going up early. The tree we go cut and decorate the firstweekend in Dec.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? loaded mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My favoritememory was terrifying as a kid when it happened, but as an adult I loveit cause it shows how innocent and believing children are. Santa cameon Christmas eve while we were at my grandparents and I was terrifiedthat he had forgotten an elf behind and that it was stuck in my closetwaiting for me to go back to sleep so Santa could rescue him. Mom andDad had to explain and show me that the elves had all been on thesleigh with Santa.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Iwas about 7 or 8 years old and my best friend who's parents didn'tbelieve in doing the "whole Santa thing" kept telling me there was nosanta. I was crying and upset, but when I got home to tell my mom sheconvinced me that there was. So I spent the whole season telling mom Ibelieved and my best friend (who was 3 years older) that I didn't. Ifinally told mom the truth after Christmas and boy was she ticked offat my friend.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We used to go tomy mother in law's on Christmas eve so we all used to open our giftsthere. Now we do Christmas a week or two before with them so that theycan get back down to Florida. So there are no gifts to open onChristmas Eve. We usually just bake cookies and have pizza.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Some balls( up where the critters can't reach) and tons and tons of ornamentsthat the kids have made over the years. Also ones that I painted thefirst year we were married. They are wood and ceramic.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow!!!! The onlything is with driving a school bus I prefer it to be clear by themorning although it can start again once I'm done in theafternoon.

12. Can you ice skate? Only if I want several broken bones and a concussion.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't really have any one that I can say was my favorite.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Spending time with all of my family and being able tocook for all of them.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie,fruitcake (yes I'm weird), cookies, cheesecake...the list is endless.(Maybe that's why I'm on a diet).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we'redone decorating the tree we turn the lights out in the house and thenplug in the tree and sit in the dark and just look at how beautiful itis.

17. What tops your tree? A ceramic angel that I boughtthe first Christmas we were married. It's 16 years old and not workingquite so well now but it still graces the top of the tree.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? giving, Ilove to watch my children's faces when they open their gifts. I can'twait to watch my grandson this year.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? A song byChristy Lane I think it's called "Shake me I rattle, Squeeze me I cry".Not sure it's 100% a Christmas song, but it reminds me ofChristmas.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? I love them. We use them tostir hot cocoa. And we crush them and roll sugar cookies in theminstead of sugar.

1. Egg Nog orHotChocolate?Hotchoc,definitely!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?I still get Santa:bagheadLOL! I'm a big baby hehe, but it's not just me, most of myfriends do too, I imagine this year or next year will be the last. ButSanta wraps my presents, even the mostawkwardones.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? On the tree we have white and cranberry. Last year onthe hose we had white icicle lights, but this year we got BLUE ones!They are so cool!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put up your decorations? We're putting ours up on December 1st, nextFriday!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roast potatoes and gravy

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We hardly ever have a white Christmas, but two yearsago, (I was 13, does that count as a child?)it startedsnowing at 11 o'clock on Christmas Eve night! It was so magical

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Umm, I suppose I just figured it out for myself when Iwas around 8 or 9, then my mum told me when I was 10 Ithink.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, we leave everything until Christmasmorning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights of course, some baubles, mini-stockings, andloads of other random decorations (Santas, chocolates, snowmen etc) wesort of have a red and gold theme too, but no tinsel, we don't like it.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I adore snow!

12. Can you ice skate? I've neverbeen but I would love to give it a go.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I can't really pick one out,but I can't wait for my new phone this year.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?The presents! And getting off school,and the snow, and the decorations...

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I didn't know there were Holiday desserts, my favouriteof the ones we have is strawberry cheesecake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching Christmas films! (I can't wait to see theSanta Claus 3, we're going to see it this weekend!)

17. What tops your tree? A star

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Receiving!..I'm selfish

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'm weird, I love Carol of the Bells, I love I wish itcould be Christmas Everyday too, and Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? As longas they are fruity flavoured, I don't like mint.

nermal71 wrote:
This is on another page I belong to. It's kindafun and interesting. Just cut and paste and fill in your ownanswers.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot choc
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?Wraps them thenputs them underthe tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put up your decorations? At thebeginning of December, then the tree goes up on the 17th of December(day after my birthday).;)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Traditional Christmas lunch.:popcorn2
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Hmmm don't knowreally. Although I guess I'm still in my childhood technically!Probably acouple of years ago when my auntie, Uncle and Cousins camearound on New years eve and it snowed on the night and we brought backour old tradition of the 'revel run' where you have to run around thegarden in your bare feet. Fastest time wins!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Ithink I was about 10?:?I just kind of gradually realized as Igot older and wiser! It's always less magical when you don't believe inSanta though!:(
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, again anold tradition from when me and my brother and sister were young, we gotChristmas eve presents (usually pajamas) to convince us to go tobed.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We pick acolour theme (eg red and gold) and decorate the tree with Beauballs(sp?!) that colour plus our glass ornaments and our littleChristmas robin!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE it!! I can't waittill it finally snows here, it's cold enough!:rollseyes

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not well!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?When I was 5 and I got the massive stuffed toyof Mufasa because Lion King was my favourite film. He was my all timefavourite toy. He still lives under my bed in myroom.:embarrassed:

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Apple crumble

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Decoratingthe tree then sitting down and watching a christmassy film!

17. What tops your tree? An angelI made whenI was little out of paper and one of those styrophome balls and someglitter.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The one bythe Pougues,:?Christmas in New York I think it'scalled?

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Yes

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Definitely wraps (the only thing he ever didn't wrapwas a 6' toboggan that my sis and I received when we were little

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I don't putlights up on the house (too hard for me to do) but on my tree I tend touse white lights (my son prefers colored ones though)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah...the only one who'd give kisses would be my dog...

5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually 10 days or so before Christmas

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Can't say I really have one

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Receiving afarm set when I was 8 or 9...I loved that gift! Had the flu on Xmasmorning and was sick as a dog, but still managed to play with my farmset (LOL at yours, nermal! That's so cute!)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Ithink my brother might have told me when I was 8 or so, but I'm notsure. I DO know that I wound up spoiling all the fun for my sister, whois 4 years younger than me, by telling her...:(

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Our familynever had that as part of our tradition. But when I married, my husbandgrew up in a family that opened all their gifts on Christmas eve, andwanted to do the same thing with us. I was moritified! LOL So wecompromised and agreed to open one gift on the eve...and I kept thattradition up with my son

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? All sortsof unique animal ornaments, and some balls, most of them red

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I have a love/haterelationship with snow. I actually love the first snowfall, and lovewatching my dog and the bunnies play in it, but cold weather isn'tappealing to me...so the novelty wears off quickly

12. Can you ice skate? Oh cripes, no....get me on ice and I start imitating Bambi...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My mostfavorite one (aside from the farm set when I was little) was the mostprecious thing I've ever received...a wooden plaque that my son madefor me when he was in grade school. He carved it himself, and on it hewrote, 'To the BEST mom in the world...your son, Stephen'. That onebrought me to tears

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Being with family, seeing my son again, havingeveryone - pets esp. included - all healthy and happy

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I usuallyforego dessert, but Amaretto cheesecake is something I could neverresist

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Samething as nermal's :)...that, and watching Christmas movies...It's AWonderful Life, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful angel in a white gown that I've had for almost 20 years

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving, absolutely

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have lotsof them...White Christmas, The Christmas Song, one by Josh Groban thatI can't think of right now

20. Do you like Candy Canes? No, never really did...Ithink that stems back to when I was a kid and was showing off in frontof my sister, who was in her crib. I was on my tricycle, eating mintice cream and going round and round in circles...wound up gettingnauseous and vomitted everywhere. Ever since, I've never cared for mintanything

Ooh...I LOVE surveys! :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Idefinitely prefer hot chocolate...Egg Nog never fails to make me sick,for some reason! :(

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Wrap everything, even the kitties'presents...and I'm sure, with this being our first Christmas with thebuns, that their things will be wrapped, too. We'll wrap themin something that they can safely open on their own.:)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?White outside (well, around our window, anyway...we livein an apt) and colored on the tree. We won't have a tree thisyear (no space, not enough money this year), but we're collectingornaments for when we can afford and have space for a tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? not usually, though we might this year, if only as an excuse to kiss :)

5. When do you put up your decorations? I like to do them around Thanksgiving sometime

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I like the stuffing best!!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Holidays werealmost always very hard for me, but I loved just sitting with my dadafter all the presents had been opened...just sitting all together as afamily.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Ithink I was about eight...I don't really remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, though I do like the tradition.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ornaments,colorful lights (I like the pastels), popcorn string, but NOtinsel...kitties love to eat it too much!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it love it loveit...haven't seen or been in it for at least ten years, and I miss itso much!

12. Can you ice skate? A bit...though again, it's been about ten years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Hmm...probably either my Barbie mansion or BarbieCorvette, hehe!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?I agree with this answer: Spending timewith all of my family and being able to cook for all of them.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Dutch apple pie or chocolate cream pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Wrappingeveryone's presents the night before...the excitement of knowing we gotour daughter the PERFECT thing(s).

17. What tops your tree? Nothing right now,hehe! We lost all our Christmas decorations in our last move(they were all in one large container).

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Definitelygiving...I love seeing the person/animal's reaction when they opentheir gift.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "I'll Be Homefor Christmas", any older version...NONE of the newer ones.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Yes! Peppermint or cherry or fruity ones...love them all!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? just putsthem on the coffee table, only wrapped gifts go under thetree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White icicle lights, colored regular ones.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put up your decorations? After Thanksgiving, when we feel like it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Honeybaked ham, from the honeybaked ham store
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Santa used to "sleep on our couch" all the blakets would be messed up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really know, it just kind of happened.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? we have a fake tree, so weput up lights, then our miscellaneouls collection ofornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Oh, if only it would snow here.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not especially well

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, not really.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family,I've got a family obsession, but my family dosn't get that, alot of mydad's side we don't see anymore.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Well, it's also my mom'sbirthday, so running into her room to sing happy birthday first thingin the morning.

17. What tops your tree? An angel we got from a friend.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Umm, both.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the bells, My favorite things, both of them we did in choir.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Love them.

Oh, I just LOVE that!! Hehe...

missyscove wrote:
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Santa used to "sleep on our couch" all the blakets would be messed up.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both are good!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It gets wrapped unless it's unusually large.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have colored lights on thetree, but I'd rather have white ones. We don't put lights on the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put up your decorations? We usually don't decorate until about a week before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oyster dressing.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I don't really have one.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I wasabout 5 years old. My sister is 10 years older than me and she showedme where our parents hid our presents.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights,unbreakable ornaments, red music note garland, and an angel on the top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I LOVE snow!

12. Can you ice skate? I've never really gotten the chance to try. Something happens every time I try to go.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The only thing that I canreally think of is the Cabbage Patch Kid that I got when Iwas about 6 years old.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Honestly, I don't really like the Holidays very much anymore. I lost myGrandfather 2 years ago on Christmas. I'd just rather skip this wholetime of year.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Cheesecake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our family has never had any holiday traditions.

17. What tops your tree? We've always had an angel.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I prefer giving. I find it far more satisfying and lasting than receiving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Silent Night"

20. Do you like Candy Canes? I love Candy Canes!

1. Both!

2. We don't do Santa. But everything is wrapped.

3. Colored on tree. Kids like them better.

4. No

5. As soon as possible after Thanksgiving

6. Broccoli Casserole

7. Getting a Nintendo. I wanted one sooooo bad, but my parents alwayssaid no. They hid the box until very last and I was so surprised.

8. I honestly don't remember. Must not have been too traumatizing.

9. Inlaws open on Christmas Eve. Rest are opened on Christmas Day.

10. Lots and lots of lights. Usually have to try several times before I get it right.

11. Love it!

12. No.

13. Again, it was that Nintendo

14. Having all my family together. Getting to spend time with everyone not being in a rush.

15. Pumpkin Roll

16. Spending the night at my parents so that the all the kids get towake up together and wake all of us up VERY early to open presents.

17. Angel

18. Giving. Seeing the happy and excited faces.

19. Silent Night.

20. Love them. Eating one right now!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate...Egg Nog doesn't taste very good to me.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?Heused to just sit them under thetree but nowthatus kids are grown all our presentsjust get wrapped. (Istilllive with my parentslol)

3. Colored lights on tree/house orwhite?White. When I seethe colored ones I think of Clark Griswald LOL!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes

5. When do you put up your decorations? Anytime betweenThanksgiving and Christmas. Last year it was only about a week beforeChristmas :(

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?The Ham and Turkey or the Apple Salad my mom makes.Yum!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? All of them that my Granddad was still alive for.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My dad told me when I was about 8 or 9

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yeah we haveChristmas with my Dad's parents in christmas eve and then go to mymom's parents Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My mom usually does it because it has to be perfect. Ugh.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! No School!!!! Yay!!!!

12. Can you ice skate? Yup

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?From my parents: they were all too good to pickjust one. From someone else: My tortoise or my chinchilla that my exesgot me.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Having time with my family and getting to eat some gooooodfood.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Oh gosh! Everything!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to my grandmother's. Thats always been the best part.

17. What tops your tree? A scary Santa that looks like he came out of one of the Lord of the Rings movies.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Santa Baby andTennessee Christmas and All I Want For Christmas Is You

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Yup! Especially the kind that have other flavors, like Starburst! Yum!!!

Hehe...those cracked me up! A Santafrom Lord of the Rings...:shock:...I can actually picture that,somehow...is that bad? Should I be worried?Hehe!! :D

Savannah1687 wrote:
3. Colored lights on tree/house orwhite?White. When Isee the colored ones I think of Clark Griswald LOL!

17. What tops your tree? A scary Santa that looks likehe came out of one of the Lord of the Ringsmovies.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot cocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?wraps presents

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?either or i like them both

4. Do you hang mistletoe?no

5. When do you put up your decorations? early december
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?turkey and mashedpotatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? unwrapping christmas presents

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?i wasabout 9 and no one really could prove santa was real and i askedfriends and family and they said dont tell your youngercousins.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sometimes we open 1 gift

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? with garland all sorts of cute ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? i love to play in the snowbut it gets cold and then i dread it after about aweek

12. Can you ice skate?yes i can!! it is one of my most favorite sports in the winter more often.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?i dont realy have a favorite gift that i can remember

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?spending time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? ice cream and apple pie sometimes with hot chocolate
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? setting up christmas tree

17. What tops your tree? usually an angel or a star

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? recieving because i love getting new things

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? probably jingle bells

20. Do you like Candy Canes? i love eating candy canesthey last a long time and they are really good especially the mint kind

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot cocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?wraps presents

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?coloured
4. Do you hang mistletoe?no

5. When do you put up your decorations? Already up

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? turkey and mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? unwrapping christmas presents

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?still believe in Santa LOL

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? lights, ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it on Christmas eve

12. Can you ice skate?yes, but I'd never make the ice capades

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?all gifts are my favorite

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?spending time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Nanimo Bars, I have a great recioe

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? watching It's A Wonderful Life

17. What tops your tree? star

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? all of them, butSilent Night has a special spot in my heart as it was my Dad'sfavorite

20. Do you like Candy Canes? I can take them or leave them

Susan

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, with a candy cane in it.:)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Wraps them up, even the massively huge ones like snowshoes.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?I like colored, hubby likes white. I've beenletting him win so far.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes! One of myearliest Christmas memories is my grandfather throwing me over hisshoulder and carrying me under the mistletoe I had been avoiding (andtickling me) so I had to get a "gross" bearded man kiss fromhim.:D

5. When do you put up your decorations?Whenever I get around to it.After Thanksgiving though. Christmas decorations beforeThanksgiving are evil!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?Sweet potatoes or green bean casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?When we spent Christmas Eve andChristmas Day at my grandparent's house and I was afraid Santa wouldn'tbe able to find us. He did. Santa alwaysknows.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Westarted finding my parents' hiding spots for the presents. Itwasn't a big shock though and I don't remember being upset.They still sign tags "from Santa" though.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always had aSunday School performance at church on Christmas Eve, and my Grandmawould come. Afterwards we'd open up our gifts fromher.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? James likescolor themes, so mainly white and gold and silver although I sneak incolor where I can. And he can't stop me from putting up theglass pickle!!! Gotta have a pickle on the tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate. Hate hate hate!

12. Can you ice skate? If several people are holding me up.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I'm not sure, maybe the stuffed English sheepdog Igot? I loved that thing.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Too many tolist. James' grandmother makes an awesome cranberry puddingthat nobody else can duplicate. And his mom makes a killerpecan pie. My mom makes the world's best fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Eitherdecorating the tree while listening to Christmas music, especiallyMuppets, or having a dinner lit only by the Christmas tree and angelchime candles.

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I likegiving. It's fun to give presents to my hubby's nephews andnieces.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Peace Carolfrom John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. Orseveral different ones from Trans Siberian Orchestra.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Yup, especially in hot chocolate.

ani-lover wrote:
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?i wasabout 9 and no one really could prove santa was real and i askedfriends and family and they said dont tell your youngercousins.

i forgot to add, i started seeing my parents handwriting on the tags.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?i get my snata presents in a stockingandmy real presents wrapped and sat under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?both!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?some years

5. When do you put up your decorations? ummmm three or two weeks before christmas

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? well seeingas i technically still AM a child i will say,,,,,,,,,one time when igot up at like 4am and my santa presents were already there and then iwent down stairs to get a glass of water before going back to sleep andi heard scraping and whining in my utility so i went andopened the door and there was a TINY little border terrier puppy! i wasSOOO happy i didnt go to sleep until2am the nextnight!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? ehh just last year.....IM ONLY 11!LOL

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope my mum is strict and doesn't allow it until xmas DAY.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? an assortmentof MIILIONS of things! + lights you should see my tree itsblinding withall the decorations my mom collects all the time each year we have toget a bigger tree than the last to fit all the stuff on! LOL!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!! here in ireland we dont get much so :(!

but were going skiing in Austria so that will be fun! :)

12. Can you ice skate? YES!! i won two competitions (they wernt big though! lol!)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?ummm my dog?

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?#1.Family #2. FUN! #3. presents(heehee!) #4.no school!

love ya

xxEstellexx aka Lyndsay!xx

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie,fruitcake (yes I'm weird), cookies, cheesecake...the list is endless.(Maybe that's why I'm on a diet).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When we'redone decorating the tree we turn the lights out in the house and thenplug in the tree and sit in the dark and just look at how beautiful itis.

17. What tops your tree? A ceramic angel that I boughtthe first Christmas we were married. It's 16 years old and not workingquite so well now but it still graces the top of the tree.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? giving, Ilove to watch my children's faces when they open their gifts. I can'twait to watch my grandson this year.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? A song byChristy Lane I think it's called "Shake me I rattle, Squeeze me I cry".Not sure it's 100% a Christmas song, but it reminds me ofChristmas.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? I love them. We use them tostir hot cocoa. And we crush them and roll sugar cookies in theminstead of sugar.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? both are good

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?sit them under the tree, but some get wrapped.Especially the really small things. I like to start with the item, thenput it in bigger and bigger boxes until it's huge. Then watch thevictim... err, recipient as they unwrap... and unwrap... andunwrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? we have both

4. Do you hang mistletoe? occasionally

5. When do you put up your decorations? Thelights start going up the weekend after Thanksgiving, continuing untilwe get the tree on the first weekend in December

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? honey ham

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? before I learnedthe truth about Santa, my parents would get really into making it looklike someone had been there. Of course I left milk and cookies forSanta, and carrot sticks for the reindeer. Mom and dad would drink themilk, eat the cookies, leaving some crumbs on the table, chew up somecarrot and sprinkle it in a rough line on the driveway, and step insome ashes from the fireplace and make an ash boot print behind and tothe side of the chewed up carrot. Immediately after unwrapping mypresents, I would run outside to see what evidence Santa had left thisyear. ah, innocence...

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Iwas about seven, and always being an observant child, I inspected mygifts closely. Hey! since when is Santa's workshop in China?!? Decidingthat something was up, I searched every nook and cranny until I foundthe box the present had come in (it was in the trash can. Poor, halfasleep parents didn't think about that part). That proved it. Mythbusted.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Mom's familyalways opened a present on Christmas Eve, Dad's family never did. So wealternate years.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?you name it! a few glass balls near thetop, ornaments of all sorts that've been collected over the years,salt-dough ornaments I made when I was little, strings of cranberriesand popcorn, it's all there. I sometimes worry the branches are goingto break!.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it love it love it!

12. Can you ice skate? I can, but not too well. I have agood time, but usually have a sore butt when it's all said anddone

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?The electric mixer I got last year , just after I hadgotten in to cake decorating. Try making decent icing with a whisk.It's nearly impossible, unless you like big lumps of butter andpowdered sugar

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?All the excuses to bake things, and visiting family andfriends

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Spice cake,pumpkin pie, russian tea cakes, cheesecake, lemon pie, gingerbread,mincemeat pie... I could go on for hours!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Turning off all the lights and just looking at the tree after it's alldecorated

17. What tops your tree? A silver star that came from my mom's grandparents

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving, although recieving isn't half bad

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the bells

20. Do you like Candy Canes? Yes! I love using them to stir cocoa

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I have never had egg nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?Wrap, I love gift wrapping, Ialways spend so much time on it.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put up your decorations? Lastminute, usually a day or two before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey with gravy.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?Spending Christmas with extended family,there were twice as many presents.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?In prep when I was 6. A girl at school toldme her mum told her Santa isn't real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I amPolish so my family actually hold the majority of the Christmascelebrations and open presents on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have a boxof glass Christmas decorations from when my parents were growing upwhich have a lot of sentimental value.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We don't get snow here inAustralia, although I have always thought it would be wonderful to havea white Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? Very badly.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Apurple teddy bear I got when I was 5. I still have itsomewhere.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Baked cheesecake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Dinner on Christmas Eve follwed bypresents.

17. What tops your tree? A paper heart with a painting ofsanta which my dad made as a child. We attach this to the front of thestar.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?Giving. I love saving up and getting myfamily something that they would never buy for themselves.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? None. My familyalways play this CD ofChristmas carols in polish and Iactually find them quite annoying.

20. Do you like Candy Canes? I love them.

xxEstellexx wrote:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?i get my snata presents in a stockingandmy real presents wrapped and sat under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?both!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?some years

5. When do you put up your decorations? ummmm three or two weeks before christmas

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? well seeingas i technically still AM a child i will say,,,,,,,,,one time when igot up at like 4am and my santa presents were already there and then iwent down stairs to get a glass of water before going back to sleep andi heard scraping and whining in my utility so i went andopened the door and there was a TINY little border terrier puppy! i wasSOOO happy i didnt go to sleep until2am the nextnight!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? ehh just last year.....IM ONLY 11!LOL

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope my mum is strict and doesn't allow it until xmas DAY.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? an assortmentof MIILIONS of things! + lights you should see my tree itsblinding withall the decorations my mom collects all the time each year we have toget a bigger tree than the last to fit all the stuff on! LOL!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!! here in ireland we dont get much so :(!

but were going skiing in Austria so that will be fun! :)

12. Can you ice skate? YES!! i won two competitions (they wernt big though! lol!)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?ummm my dog?

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?#1.Family #2. FUN! #3. presents(heehee!) #4.no school!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookies andanything with chocolate!
16. What is yourfavorite holiday tradition? we go to power scourt everyyear and buy our decorations and spend the day there its soo fun!
17. What tops your tree? An angel me , my mum and my granny made.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?recieving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? sooo manywizard"i wish it could be christmas every year",,,,,frankie goes tohollywood"the power of love" and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchmore! :)
20. Do you like Candy Canes? YES!!!!

love ya

xxEstellexx aka Lyndsay!xx

:sunshine:

ok guys thats my REAL posting! in the last one I forgot my end bit!:embarrassed:

sorry!

xxestelle aka lyndsay! :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love them both

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under thetree?wraps all the presents, including the onesfor the rabbits

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored lights on both

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? jellied cranberry sauce

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I was sixteenmy parents told me there was a present in the garage and I got veryexcited (as I had been asking for a car). I opened the garage to seesomething in it wrapped in butcher paper. It was then I realized itwasn't a vehicle, but a ski ball machine. Wasn't exactly what I wantedbut it was great...and even better when my sis and I set it up by myparents bedroom the next morning to play it...I was very loud:)

Also, we used to leave out cookies and milk for Santa and I'd alwaysmake my mom leave carrots for the reindeer. There would always becrumbs from the cookies and the carrots w/ a note from santa thankingus for the food and thanks for remembering the reindeer.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?Hmm...I was probably about 11 and I found the presents inmy parent's closet.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Usually one from my parents because it'salmost always clothes to wear to Christmas Eve dinner

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots ofunique ornaments commemorating certain events (like a lot from ourwedding and one from our honeymoon a couple months ago) and then glassballs, candy canes, lights, garland, a star and a bow on the top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow up until New Years...then I loathe it.

12. Can you ice skate? Sure

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've gotten somany great ones I don't know if I could choose...probably the ski ballmachine or when we got Nintendo w/ the gun and the Powerpad.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Good people, good food, good vibes, good music, good convos

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecanpic, Pumpkin Pie, my gramma's jello mold, my momma's cookies...a lot ofthem (and I'm trying to lose 10lbs by xmas)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?Listening to Christmas music& having Jingle cookies and hotcocoawhiledecorating the tree. I love looking at all the old ornaments.

17. What tops your tree? A star that lights up.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?giving. I love watching all my littlecousins tear through their gifts. I can't wait to have children of myown to spoil on xmas morning.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Either "WhiteChristmas" by Bing Crosby or "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole

20. Do you like Candy Canes? yum

Latest posts

Back