Choosing a litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puddles

Reaction score
In the next week or two we will be getting our first rabbits (either a fully bonded or newly bonded pair). I was thinking I would just get an extra large open litter pan. However, I am a little concerned about them peeing over the edge.

I saw this one from Petco and this one from Petsmart, and I was wondering if it might work.

The plan for the standard pan was to build a grate, and use a rectangular ceramic dish for hay in the front to keep them from moving the grate. Would I still be able to do that with a high sided litterpan? Would I need to nix the ceramic dish because they might hurt themselves entering in the front?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this at Tractor Supply and it was less than $10. It works very well. I her bedroom we made her one that is about the height of this one but we made a low door. We used a file box or storage box and cut a door. Found it at Walmart for less than $10.
13413_091305_540000000.jpg

Ah-ha, I hadn't even thought when I was there to look at the litter boxes. Just checked and they have the large available at the one by where I work for 7.49 and the extra large across town for 10.00.

The litter box should be big enough that the bun can get in and turn around easily. My bun is a dutch, and only 4 lbs so I got her a little plastic shoe box for $1 and cut the sides down for easier entry/exit.

Check out regular cat boxes, or the kind that have lids--you can use both the bottom and the top and they'll have built in drop sides too. Or check out plastic storage bins and throw out the lids. Depends on what you want to spend.

Latest posts

Back