Chinny has started growling at me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowena

Reaction score
And it doesnt matter where she is! In her cageor in the room. I went to catch her to put her up tonight, and she keptgrowling at me and running. I had to chase her into a box to catch her:(

Once back in her cage, I needed to move something in there and she growled and tried to scratch me :(

Virginia

LOL ( sorry ) my firstthought was to growl back at her lol Iknow it isnt funny and can bea bit intimidating , Once youhave her altered sheshould come out of it , Right now sheis fixin to go thru theterrible teens ,

gypsy wrote:
LOL( sorry ) my first thought was togrowl back at her

Gypsy, whenever I need a laugh, I can count on you! I can't wait to meet you in person. You crack me up!

Virginia, are you planning on spaying Chinny?

Laura

Yes Im planning on it. Shes not even 4 monthsyet. She'll be 4 months on the 12th, and isnt it 6 months they can bespayed???????? I think we might be in trouble :shock::shock::shock:

Virginia

My vet did my Holland Lop when she was three and a half months old, but I can understand waiting until they're older.

Hang in there!

Laura

Rowena wrote:
Yes Im planning on it. Shes not even 4 months yet. She'll be4 months on the 12th, and isnt it 6 months they can be spayed???????? Ithink we might be in trouble :shock::shock::shock:

Virginia

I think it depends on the vet and their experience. My little(and I mean tiny) Star was spayed at 5 months. I was told itdepends on their development. I think she weighed just over 3pounds when she was spayed. She lost a little weight duringrecovery. Now, she is putting that weight back on.;)

Ill call around and ask. Not sure who doesbunnies around here. I was wanting to get her done after our move,which we're hoping will be in July.....But if her behavior continues toget worse, Ill have to figure out something. I dont want her gettingaggressive with Caitlyn, and with her growling at me, Im worried abouther with Caitlyn. If she bites Caitlyn, Caitlyn may not want anythingto do with her...:(

Virginia

anyone know of a site you can put your zip in to find a bunny vet?

Yea it is. There are some vets around that saysmall animals, so Ill call and see. Yreka, Weed and Mt. Shasta. Imlooking Medford and Klamath Falls Oregon as well

Virginia

Rowena , By chance are wetalking about sayy perhaps aDUtch rabbit ? if so Ihave seen them little buggers comeinto the teen years at 11 weeksold and have the stinking scarto prove it lol , If it isa Dutch be sure to mention thisto the vet , for some quirk ofnature Dutch seem to mature a lot fasterthan normal rabbits .

Hope you get it sorted out Virginia! Good luck - my bunny is all moody right now cos she's 3 months, and she's not been spayed.

Good luck - Blueberry x

Yes she is a dutch. Caitlyn picked her. I tried to get her to pick a different rabbit, but she would have none of it lol

Virginia

LOL I thought so, them little bandedbrats sure know how tokeep us in our toes lol ,. Dontforget to mention to hte Vetshe is Dutch , she should bevery near delveloped internally tobe able to be spayednow lol . little brats ,I do so love them tho, they certainly have characterlol.

I think Dutchs do mature faster! My vet tech neutered my male at 4 months...

Chinny sounds alot like nibbles and she is goingon 5 months and she growls at me all the time when i take a toy away orwant her out from under the bed.. i just growl back sometimes and pether to calm her down... but she only growls those times... and i thinkshe is just going through he teens...

I wouldn't worry to much about it..

I thought it was hilarious the first time she growled at me... it was the funniest thing ever.

Hopefully all bunnies will grow out of their growling/ teen stage!!

Madhura :)

Latest posts

Back