chin rubbing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutter

Reaction score
my male rabbit rubs his chin on literally every single thing in site. i'm not exaggerating either. there was a slug came into the shed and he rubbed his chin on that even.. he rubs his chin on my females droppings too rofl! i know it is normal but i was just wondering if anyone elses bun is as obsessive as mine?!

Mine are not that obsessive. Tesla will chin a carrot piece when I offer it to him, he then goes back to humping his bed and eats the carrot eventually. He will also chin my hand if I put it in the cage. None of my others are big chinners, but when they do they tend to go for my feet.

My Buster loves to chin everything too! I mean even when I am petting him he decides he wants to 'mark my hand'. I guess he thinks it's his hand... He also tends to do it when I give him food he doesn't want, he'll chin it and then walk away. :D Your rabbit sounds funny, rubbing his chin on a slug. :biggrin2:

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Mine are not that obsessive. Tesla will chin a carrot piece when I offer it to him, he then goes back to humping his bed and eats the carrot eventually. He will also chin my hand if I put it in the cage. None of my others are big chinners, but when they do they tend to go for my feet.

yeah mine also do it on my mum and dads feet and shoes, yet never mine! i always get slightly jealous, how sad of me! rofl

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Fraggles is a big time chinner lol. She hops threw the whole place. Mine! Oh looks at that! Its mine! Over there MINE TOO!!! Yep that's her usual day.

it's soo funny to watch them do it though isn't it! when our christmas tree was up he would stand on his back legs and rub his chin all over the baubles on the tree :D

buster2369 wrote:
My Buster loves to chin everything too! I mean even when I am petting him he decides he wants to 'mark my hand'. I guess he thinks it's his hand... He also tends to do it when I give him food he doesn't want, he'll chin it and then walk away. :D  Your rabbit sounds funny, rubbing his chin on a slug. :biggrin2:

mine turns around and bites my hand when he has had enough grooming!! haha it's funny because he never does it hard just enough to say bugger off i've had enough of you now! :rollseyes seriously i actually watched him hop towards the slug and i was thinking oh god no he is going to eat it but then he looked down and rubbed his little chin across it then hopped off! lolol

If you have multiple rabbits, I could see that increasing the chinning, sort of a territory marking tug-of-war.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
That's how Ripley is..everything in his life revolves around cicling and humping..I've nick-named him "Humpty Dumpty" :p As for chinning stuff, I let him run in Taffy's pen the other day and when i picked him up, his chin was all muddy from rubbing it all over the ground. lol

Latest posts

Back