Children's Postcard Exchange

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
As many of you know, I live in the USA andhomeschool my children including 7 year old Matthew. We arecurrently doing a section on "Children of the World" and I am lookingfor children around Matthew's age from foreign countries who would liketo exchange a postcard with him.

Interested parties can email me privately at [email protected]

Many thanks to those who can help me with this project that will be fun and educational for kids!

Pam

hey pam
i have a sister who turned 9 in july that said she would be intrested in writeing to him.
my own daughter is only 2 she could send her scribbles but im not sure he would understand!
did u want someone that spoke a different language or english?

Language doesn't matter - our primary goal is tobe able to find the country that the postcard came from (forgeography). Writing the postcards with also help with grammarskills.

If you'd like to send your sister's mailing address to the email addy Iprovided, we'll send a postcard right out and I'll email you ourmailing addy so she can reciprocate. Pictures and lettersabout writers and their countries are also welcome. (We'll even takescribbles from a 2 year old LOL)

I thank you so much for your quick response. Matthew is going to be thrilled!

Pam

[email protected]

Hey Pam...

I know I'm not in a different country, but California sure is a longway from PA as far as just about everything, so maybe he'd like apostcard from my daugther? She's going to be 7 in Feb, andI'm sure would be thrilled to send him a postcard!

Let me know what you think...I haven't brought the idea up to her yet. :)

Rosie

Hey Pam,

My son Jeremy just turned 11 on the 27th nov,i'm sure he would be happy to exchance postcards :)

cheryl

Hi! Pam

Do you think Matthew would like receiving postcards from a little 10 yr old Texas girl.

I'm sure Kristy would love to swap postcards with Matthew!:yes:

Here's her email[email protected]

P.S Cheryl13 I love the new Avitar Pic.

MikeE.
"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

tenacrewoods wrote:
Hi! Pam

Do you think Matthew would like receiving postcards from a little 10 yr old Texas girl.

P.S Cheryl13 I love the new Avitar Pic.
Aww i'm sure Matthew would love it!

and thanks Mike,that's Miss Chocolate Bunny :)

cheryl

i think this post card exchange is a great idea!
my sister loves writting, lol its only dec 1st and already ive got 3 christmas cards off her!

she is also just after moving schools so instead of going to an englishspeaking school she is now in a strict all irish speaking school!
so she might write a few lines in our native language!

Postcards from US states would certainly help with studying all the states!

I bought 8 PA postcards today, but will certainly pick up more if needed :)

Thank you Rosie and Mike. Mike - can you have Kristi send hermailing addy to [email protected] -subject postcard exchange?

Certainly looking forward to exchanging with Jeremy also Cheryl!

Matthew will address and send out postcards as mailing addresses arereceived by us. (Remember not to post them publicly - send them to myemail addy at [email protected]) all addresses will be kept private and deleted afterMatthew sends out his postcards.

He is really looking forward to this! Thank you everyone!!!

Pam

(Sami - Kellie's postcard is going out tomorrow, so please let me know if she doesn't receive it).

So, let me know if you'd like our Emily to send a postcard your guys' way! :)

maherwoman wrote:
So, let me know if you'd like our Emily to send a postcardyour guys' way! :)

Most certainly!

Anyone interested can email meat[email protected] forMatthew's mailing address. Please also include your child'saddress if they would like to receive a postcard from Matthew.

Pam

Hi Pam!

I just sent you our address :)

cheryl

Hey, I'm ina foreign country.:biggrin:

I'll check and see if my next door neighbour'ssons want to dosomething more constructive than play 'How Loud Can You Scream' at 8AM.:shock: (They really do havecontests, and they're very good). :caffeine

The exchange is a great idea. :)

sas

Pipp wrote:
Hey, I'm ina foreign country.:biggrin:

I'll check and see if my next door neighbour'ssons want to dosomething more constructive than play 'How Loud Can You Scream' at 8AM.:shock: (They really do havecontests, and they're very good). :caffeine

The exchange is a great idea. :)

sas

Super!

I can't believe other families also have "how loud can you scream" contests!

Stephanie and Matthew love to do that - I can't believe that no one has ever called the policeLOL

:foreheadsmack:

Pam

Kellie D. and Jeremy M. - Your postcards were mailed out yesterday, so please let us know if you don't receive them.

Matthew is looking forward to hearing from you also :)

Pam

Matthew:

I might be able to see if my 9 year old cousinwould like to join in, maybe get her school involved! We're in englandso this is a place that hasn't been done yet!

I'll talk to her.

pinksalamander wrote:
I might be able to see if my 9 year old cousin would like tojoin in, maybe get her school involved! We're in england so this is aplace that hasn't been done yet!

I'll talk to her.

That would be wonderful! More than one from each country arecertainly welcome in case someone doesn't send a card back to Matthew.

So far, the addresses we have received to send a postcard to are:

Kellie D. of Ireland

Jeremy M. of Austrailia

Thank you!

Pam

snow03.gif
cool,Jeremy is looking forward to this

will let you know when he recieves the postcard :)

cheryl

Oh! I just realized! Myhusband's cousin, Joyce, (with whom I've become close friends) has adaughter named Vanessa, who I believe is about 10yrs. Wouldhe like to exchange postcards with her, too?

I'll ask Joyce if she'd like to do it before I give out her address, obviously! Hehe! :)

Latest posts

Back