CheyAut Ranch's bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAutRanch

Reaction score
I'm copying what I had in the intro folder, sosome of you may have read this before... (though am modifying slightly,and adding pictures)

Name's Jessi. I have 4 young bunnies. 1 is a rex, I think mini rex? butsince young I"m not sure... The other three are mini lops.

My friend at work got a female bunny, and she came pregnant. She kept 2of the babies, and was giving the other 4 to another coworker's dad. Soshe brought them to work to give to coworker, and I fell in love withone... Person getting them said her dad dind't know how many werecoming, so I could have one. My favorite of the babies, Freckle, isrex. I've learned his color is called charlie? (btw, the other 3 thatwent to her dad are totally loved by her sisters! :))

freckletoastsalad3.jpg

I had had a bunny when I was a kid, but I'm definatley new! I boughtRabbits for Dummies, 2 bunny magazines, and have been reading, reading,reading!

Hubby said we could only get a bunny if we got TWO so it wasn't lonely.Oh, darn ;)So next came Toast. Same age-ish as Freckle.Occasionally one ear sticks up, but not too often. (btw I don't know ofany of them are purebred or not, does'nt matter to me as they're justpets). We got both of them in Feb, right before Valentines Day.

toast3.jpg

THen this week I saw another bunny I just couldn't turn away from...and she (?) paid a lot of attention to me! She was with another one,who is a little skittish. They were at the feed store I go to (I know,not the best place to get a bunny, but, well...) and we didn' wantanyone lonely, so both came home! LOL The store said they're mini lops.

The skittish one is the one withwhite. She(?) also has an ear that sticks up sometimes. Hubby named her Popcorn.

And the other one's name got changed several times before I decided onButterfly, or Butter for short (b/c that goes with Popcorn and Toastlol!). She (?)and Popcorn are younger than Toast and Freckle.

butterpop2.jpg

Oh and I will be calling some vets Monday to get them fixed!

Aside from the four bunnies, we have a variety of other animals. Wehave 4 netherland dwarf goat wethers (aka nuetered boys), a lot ofhorses (mostly miniatures, and one is pregnant and due in April), 2mini donkeys, dogs, cats, lizards, and fish. We currently reside in Azbut will be putting our house up for sale soon, to move to Kentucky(and yes, ALL the animals will be going with us... well, the fish aredebatable, I really like them but my friend likes them so might givethem to her instead).

Jessi

Hi there!
All four bunnies are so adorable!!!!!! And it sounds like you have a VERY interesting collection of animals living with you :D!
Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about the buns!

Thanks! :) And the buns say thank you,as well... but I think they KNOW they're cute haha ;) Man, bunnies areway too cute and addicting... I WILL stop at four, I WILL stop atfour... Craig (hubby) said I"m not allowed to go to the Stock Shopanymore (feed store we get some if the critters' food at)... I'vealways gone straight to the bunnies and their occasional piglet, butdid good at resisting, until I met Freckle.... They're too cute andfun!

I just wish I could let them roam around the house, but that just isn'tsafe.. but at least I can give them a room... well, most of a room, Ialso display my model horses there, so I'll block off all the "edges"so that they have the middle of the room ;) I'm actually working onthat right now, the room had been used to store a lot of stuff (boxesfull of stuff from when I moved into my house over 2 years ago!) so I'mgoing through it all and getting the room ready for them to have a LOTmore space, I'm sure they'll enjoy that ;)

Jessi

Wow, those are some cute babies! I think I need Freckle, that spot by his nose is so cute.

What kind of model horses do you collect? I used to collectBreyer horses, but I left them all at my parents' house. Ireally should move them here sometime.

I really like all your bunnies but Toast and Freckle are going on the top of my bunnynapping list.....

Keep the pictures coming!

Peg

Thanks everyone! I took a few pics today, once Iget a chance to upload them I"ll share :) But it might be awhile, juststarted my work week (I work 7 on/7off).

As to the horses, I mainly collect Breyers, I have a HUGE collection :)Hubby and I are going to our second Breyerfest this summer (had to misslast year but went in 2005). VERY excited ;) I also collect Friesians(any type) and Painted Ponies, but not near as much as I collect theBreyers :)

Jessi

undergunfire wrote:
Your buns are all adorable!

Where in AZ is New River? I'm in Prescott, AZ....which is northern AZ (near Flagstaff):).

- Amy

Not too terribly far from you. Just down I 17 a little ways. (about anhour?)Do you know where Black Canyon City is? I'm 10 milessouth of that. Or Anthem? I'm 3 miles north of that. Also about 10miles north of Carefree Highway.

Prescott is great, I go there sometimes for horse competitions. I always prefer to go there vs Tucson or Scottsdale!

Jessi

LOL Well, I'll get more pics up this week :) Iwork 7 on/7 off, and on my 7 on I don't have the picture-messing timethat I do on my 7 off, which starts today, soo... ;)

Jessi

Jessi.....I know exactly where you are talking about! It's neat to have another bunny person so close:).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Latest posts

Back