Chewy hurt his front paw/leg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy-de-Lionhead

Bunny Slave
Reaction score
I don't know whether to panic or just observe for a day and see how it goes. I went to get Chewy from his hutch and had him on my shoulder while I was sitting on the floor and he tried to jump over to my bed and missed. (he fell about 22") He's now licking his front paw and shaking it, which is what he did when he broke a nail at the bed. But I've examined the nails and they are all fine. He is using the paw and putting weight on it, but still licking it quite a bit. I've confined him to the first floor of his hutch, so that he's not straining it any more than necessary. (He is not happy with me at all about this situation)

Should I just observe him for a day or should I run him to the vet?

I've decided not to panic. After an hour of limiting his movements and observing him, he's pretty much back to normal, so must have just been somethin minor. I will continue to watch him, just in case.

He is fine. Not favoring that paw or anything. I'll still continue to monitor him, but he's laying spawled out like usual on his tiles and acting totall normal. Thanks for asking, Watermelons.

Latest posts

Back