Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieMyBun

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the board my rabbits nameis Maggie and he's a tri-color rex. I just have a quickquestion-Maggie's litterbox trained and the litterbox isplastic. The problem is that he chews on the litterbox and ithink it could be harmful but i dont know what else we could use forone. We've gone through about 3 in just a couple of weeks! Any helpwill be appericated

thanx

hello maggie WELCOME you have come to the rightplace:D, well bunnys teeth constently grow so that means they chewALOT:?but if you put some sticks in the cage (from a fruittree) that may incourage him/her to chew on that instead of the box youcan also try cardbored rolls .

welcome and good luck others will be along to help as well

sara

Yes, I've tried the sticks allready but i meangezz sometimes i wonder if he's part beaver! (lol) But, still we'retrying to find some plywood (would that be okay as long as its nottreated?) but i dont know! He just knows just what to do to make me mad!

i believe ply wood should be ok one thing toconsider is that it may rot after a while tho, try soaking the sticksin apple juice, that may help also get him/her a wicker (untreatedmatt) or basket, i hope this is helpful.i will give you a couple ofsites

http://www.bunnyluv.com/

be patient with your bun things will work out also how often do you let you rabbit out of the cage?

I normally take him out at least once a day-so heshouldnt be getting bored. But I dont know since schools getting readyto start I haven't been playing with him as much-thats probablywhy......but he's been doing it for awhile now and its just gettingworse and worse just today he chewed almost the whole side out....

Hi I've got rabbits who love to chew too. WhatI've used is a metal roasting pan for his litter box with the rabbitwho likes to chew on everything the most. It needs to be scrubbed outeach day so it doesn't rust, but he gave up on trying to chew it veryfast :). My rabbits won't touch bought chews either but they love bitsof fresh apple branch or twigs. I get prunings off friends. If you canget hold of some think he'd enjoy those more, just be carefulit's apple as some fruit wood is deadly to rabbits. Hope this helps.

MaggieMyBun wrote:
... The problem is that he chews on the litterboxand i think it could be harmful but i dont know what else we could usefor one. We've gone through about 3 in just a couple of weeks! Any helpwill be appericated

thanx

[_ _]

Don't know if this will work, but our mini lop regularly chewed on thebase of our wooden dining room table. My wife covered theedges with duct, to make it look better, believe it or not, and the bunstopped chewing it. Obviously, didn't like the taste of ducttape. Worth a try,especially if you've got three damaged onesalready.

Just wrap some on the edges the bun chews and observe the reaction.
Buck

Hi! MaggieMyBun

Welcome to this forum and my rabbit Pepper chews anything andeverything he can get his teeth into.That's there nature to chew.Wehave to block off certain areas so he doesn't get into,like behind ourentertainment center that is a big no no to him and that's why be blockit off.

Latest posts

Back