Chewing..my hair?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashie

Poptart's Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have only had my bun for less than 5 days, hes use to me, licks my cheeks, lays inbetween my legs on the lazy boy, has even laid on top on my chest. But the weirdest thing has happened this morning. I had my hair down off to one side and my bun hopped up my stomach to my neck and started chewing my hair. How do I get her to stop? Is this normal for a bun?

I have a bun that will do that too. She will also chew the whiskers off of the other bunnies if given the chance. I think it's just part of their mutual grooming behavior. Our hair doesn't seem right to them so they just try and 'help us' get it out of the way. You just have to move her away from your hair and doing it, or move your hair away from her.

Pheenez always chews my hair cx :bunnieskiss :headflick: :vacuum: :bunnyheart :bunny18

When my African Grey parrot does that she is preening me, I would take it as a compliment from a bunny, he just may be an over enthusiastic "preener". :)

Back