Chewing but also eating?!?! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy&Mopsy

Reaction score
I literally just finished building a bunny condo for my two new additions out of those organize-it crates. However, I need some advice. I am always hearing about giving bunnies cardboard and other paper products to chew and rip apart. Yet, when I give my little ones these items, they usually eat them! After building the condo I decided to line the bottom of the levels with those foam kindergarten mat things (similar to yoga mats). I probably should have done research first, because 5 minutes after putting the little ones in, they began to chew and eat the mat
sick.gif
. Is this safe??? I googled it and found nothing toxic, but then again I really don't know what I am looking for. Any help??? THANK YOU!
sad.gif

Thanks for the advice. After doing some further research I have come to the conclusion that these foam mats are only suitable for NON-chewing rabbits. Which of course means they are not good for my guys. Until I can purchase indoor/outdoor carpet (which seems to be the recommendation of all bunny cube builders), the floors are covered in sheets and towels. Lets hope that keeps them safe for the night!

Back