Chewing at bum?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been working on trio bonding, and it's all gone smoothly. After a small bump with Bruno chasing Jas a few nights ago, I decided that last night I would just play it by ear and keep them together for as long as possible (and separate when they showed irritation with each other). They spent 24+ hours together with no problemsin my bedroom (familiar territory), so I thought I'd try cleaning up the cages and have a pen for them. Inthe combined cages, they arebeing awesome - grooming, cuddling, exploring.But Poppy has started to chew at Jasmine's bum? She's not outright nipping viciously, but she'll get near Jasmine's bum and start chewing at her fur. Jasmine does not flinch or even move at this. I've seen Poppy do aquicknip at Jasmine's bum once or twice, but nothing major. Poppy and Jasmine are still grooming each other and both are eager to cuddle, so I really am not sure about this behavior and whether or not it could lead to worse things?

I'm just worried that Poppy is bullying Jasmine and Jasmine is too passive to move when Poppy is bothering her? Was wondering tonight if I should put a barrier in between the pen, but then the girls go and lay down together and start grooming each other.

:huh

I've seen this with 2 neutered males who still had some remnants of their sexual selves and were going to mount each other.
I don't know if this is dominance behavior or otherwise.
I think Jasmine would move if it bothered her but I did at one time have a passive holland lop that put up with all kinds of abuse.

Hope someone else can shed more light on this one....

Thanks for reply!

I haven't seen her do it yet tonight, so it may have been just settling into their new environment. I've seen the two cuddling and hanging out together a lot, so hopefully they'll be alright. Everything is still going well, thankfully! Getting along really well!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back