Cherrios and KiX

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boz

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I have a question.
Can Cherrios or KiX be given as a treat to rabbits?

Thanks! :)

I know of a few members off the top of my head that give Cheerios. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I tend not to give mine any "human" extras like that.

Whole wheat, what can be wrong with that xD When I had a bun get sick and stop eating I was advised by a friend to give cherrios and it worked. The rabbit loved them and started back eating and drinking after a few times. Said rabbit is now in a lovely home in indiana with a big family and a friend bunny with whom she roams the house with. Cherrios saves yet another day! lol.

I know some people that give Cheerios to their bunnies and I heard Triscuits too.

Not the best treat to give, but definitely not poison! Oat based products are very fattening for rabbits, so they should be avoided. Cheerios are generally good for geriatric rabbits that need to gain weight. But all things in moderation!

My rabbits seem to love apple jacks! If they can, they will steal one from my cereal bowl and run off with it. I know sugary foods and processed food isnt good for them, but I guess once in a while a small piece is okay. I give them grapes and bananas as treats. My boy Bilo loves popcorn too.

Cherrios are ok, Kix have less fiber. I don't feed any stuff like that although Fey has been known to steal granola and Mini Wheats from my cereal bowl, no harm done even with her sensitive stomach.

I stick to fruits (fresh or dried) or sunflower and flax seeds as treats. Or timothy cubes.

Bo LOVES cheerios but I only give him one or two and not often at all. I bet he hasn't had one in a month. He also loves KIX and Wheaties, and Shredded Wheat.... OMG those things are awesome!

Latest posts

Back