Cheeky Poppet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosieleon

Reaction score
Poppet is settling in well but wow, the last two days she has been scratching the carpet and biting it, doing the same to my trousers or my mums slippers.

Saying No doesn't do anything either, a loud clap worked after I noticed I couldn't say no effectively but now she is used to that so pays no attention...the only thing that stops her is going to pick her up.

Please please please bunny gods let this be a settling in thing and not what her true personality is going to be like or I will be a nervous wreck!

do they normally have a crazy period when settling in? :pray:

is she fixed? That would help immensely if she's not, I think to calm her down. Have you tried a spray bottle when she's bad?

She hasn't been yet, she is nearly 16 weeks and will be at the vet next week for her second jag so going to be asking about that then which is good.

Just a spray bottle of water? I remember my friend used to use this for her cat so will try this thank you.

Today I have transformed the livingroom into tunnel heaven with all the pillows and cardboard boxes with hay in some areas to see if she was misbehaving cause she wasn't stimulated enough.

Thanks for the tip
x

Yep, just water. Some bunnies hate it, some don't care a bit. Just thought it might work. idk.

Does she have free roam of the house? Sometimes when their area is limited and they want free reign of the place, they get finicky and chew on stuff. Or just when they want your attention.

Will definitely try that out.

She has free roam and has explored the hallway where her cage is and all of the livingroom so a rather large space.

She did a good job if she was trying to get my attention!

Yep, mine always do a great job too. Teehee. For a while Jelly lived in my room and would keep me awake alll night till I got up, picked her up, and snuggled her.

Ha ha Funnily my friends cat that she would do that to was called Jelly!

I am way too scared to pick her up just now. She was fine when she was timid and would be still but she runs away when ever I go to. I need to get the guts and be in charge.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back