Checkups

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

con-man

Reaction score
How often should I take my rabbit in for acheckup? A standard checkup is 68 Canadian Dollars. I have no money, 16thousand dollars in student loans with a maxed out visa that I usedlast semester to pay tuition and am between jobs due to a medicalcondition. I can pay the 68 dollars if I absolutely have to, but I waswondering how often he needs to see a vet.

They don't need routine shots etc like adog. If the bunny seems healthy and acting normal other thanthe spay/neuter I don't think you'd need to routinely do so.

Ive never owned a pet before, so when he lays onhis side breathing heavy I can never tell if there is a problem or ifhe is just tired. I understand only bringing him if there is a problembut Im not sure I would recognize a problem if I saw one.

Is your buns enviroment to warm? Ihave noticed with my buns that if it is to warm for them(they have a space heater) they will pant, That is the only time I havehad a problem with mine, but you will soon see that there are many wiseones on here to can give you much needed advice and suggestions

con-man wrote:
Ive never owned a pet before, so when he lays on his sidebreathing heavy I can never tell if there is a problem or if he is justtired. I understand only bringing him if there is a problem but Im notsure I would recognize a problem if I saw one.
You'llknow....Corky, one of my young boys got hurt this last week and hasbeen acting almost depressed...you'll know if they aren't actingnormal. Vet told me today that is sometimes the best way totell, the sore he has was hard to find due to all the hair and I'mbeating myself up over it..vet saying knowing whats normal is sometimesthe best way to know when something IS wrong cuz they aren'tthemselves.

Latest posts

Back