check-ups?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
hi.. uMmm i was just asking if a small bunnyneeds to have a check-up... and if do, how much would it cost?? becausei haven't took Emmy to the vet to get any shots or anything... cansome1 help me?

A check up every 6 months is certainly a goodidea, however, you can examine your rabbit at least once a month forany signs of health problems. I have a showmanship checkliston my websitehttp://www.geocities.com/pamnock/showmanshipexam.htmlthatcan also serve as a health exam sheet or a health checklist whenpurchasing a rabbit.

I also recommend a fecal float every 6 months to check for parasites.

Pam

Afecal float test isusedto detect worm eggs in an animal’s feces. Asmall amount of stoolis mixed with a solution to separate theparasite eggs, whichare then observed under a microscope.

A "tape test" can also be used -- scotch tape placed on the rectum topick up pinworm eggs which can then be observedmicroscopically.

Pam

ouch a tape test sounds painful. What are the symptoms of parasites??

Cristy

A scruffy, rough appearance, poor flesh conditionand pot belly can be symptoms of parasites. Some rabbits canbe heavily infested with pinworms and still have a healthy apperancethough :(

Adult pinworms may sometimes be observed in the moist droppings or on the rectum.

Pam

Latest posts

Back