Check out new cage locks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this as I've been searching for new locks/clasps to use for my NIC pens. Those look to be an excellent idea - I just wish I could find something similar at Home Depot or Lowes rather than having to order them.

Currently I'm using carabiners (sp), but I've not been happy with them. They were supposed to be making things simpler, but instead I've found that I'm more frustrated than ever! I've also used paper clips, metal ties, and binder clips to no avail. Though I guess it doesn't help the situation that my William has become a master houdini and can escape seemingly with ease...

I'll definitely have to look more into this and see if maybe another store sells something similar if not exactly the same. If all else fails, I now know where I could order them!

Hmmmm....I always jsut used the clips like are on the end of dog leashes. Not sure what they are called, but I haven't had any escapes with those. Those Dr Foster ones look like a great idea, especially if you have little kids like it says, but my kids aren't around my rabbitsso I don't have to worry about that particular issue, thankfully. :biggrin2:

I use a latch type thing that is a hook on one side, and a hole for the hook to go in on the other. The fixing would normally screw into gates etc, but i've put cable ties through the screw holes to attach it to the door.

It's pretty hard to describe so I'll try and get a picfor you, but it's handy too when they're out, as you can hook the doors back open against the cage (otherwise, Chalk will push the door with her nose when it's open and it'll bounce back in her face!:p)

Latest posts

Back