Cheap online places for the cubes...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoobooBunny

Reaction score
The cheapest place I have found in town is dollerama for $3 for 4 grids... I am just curious for better deals as I am planning on making a huge cage and would rather black over the white here....

Any advice or sites are all useful.
Thanks in advance
:runningrabbit:

What do you mean?
Where in Ontario are you?
Craigslist is used pretty widely across north America and there are tons of city options for Ontario, just look through the closet few as people inbetween cities often post in the wrong city section.
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/ca/on

Often the grids will go by MANY different names
NIC, C&C, Storage Cubes, Metal Grids, Metal, Storage, Cube, Wire, Bin, Organizer, etc. TONS of key words to look up to find what youre looking for.
Ive seen them in the pet section and household but always being called something different.

I would not recommend the ones at Dollarama for more than bunny proofing. They are kind of flimsy and I would not trust them with a rabbit. The seem of the wire going around the edge is taped together.

I would suggest to keep looking on kijiji. It can be awhile to find them, especially at a good price, but it can work out. Garage sales can be good too, but it is hit and miss, especially if you don't go to them anyway. Second hand stores might get some in as well, but again it is hit and miss.

If you are looking for new ones, Bed Bath and Beyond is good. Get the 20% off coupon (sign up for the newsletter and you get one right away and then one every month or so). The regular price is about $25, so the coupon makes it about $20. There are 19 grids, so it works out to a bit more than $1 per grid. Other stores might put them on sale from time to time, so check websites and flyers. I won't pay much more than $1 per grid, so some sales are more than that.

Near owensound On.
The craigslist in the area is pretty sparce. Kijiji how ever is far from it.

and thanks. I will give it a look and use the key words.

oh really? there taped together... That annoys me a bit.
I will check bath and beyond and no I wouldn't considering I need a TON of them for what I want to make lmfao!

The Dollarama ones actually work really well. They are not taped together. Here their $2.50 for 5 grids. It should be enough to make a single open cube so you should get 5 per pack not 4.

I have the dollarama ones set up as part of our cats outdoor habitat, so it has happily contained 4 large cats all summer, who like to put their paws on it to beg to go in or out.

So you do recommend the dollerama ones?
I was planning on getting from there as its close to home so I can keep finding more stock of them...
I THINK I will check them on payday and see if they are solid and if so grab a few packs and test them as a small cage... idk lol.

Latest posts

Back