charmmys new nic cage!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmmyBunny

Reaction score
7E3CFF85_zpsae184e47.jpg

26FE1BD9_zps26ea476f.jpg

BDAFAC4B_zpsb6db3797.jpg

1D8B185F_zps5e7899d8.jpg

49D8821C_zps8be835d7.jpg

we bought 2 of the 6 cube boxes from sears and then today went to home depot got 200 zip ties (we used more than 100 o.o; ) some wooden dowels that we cut to fit through the cubes with a hand saw and we got a really big shelf that we had cut down to size. its 3 and a half squares by 2 and a half squares. so we got a little creative with that. i wanted to make sure she had more room. but i figured i would share the fun! it took us about 2 and a half hours to put it all togetehr and we used carpet on the base and the shelf where we just stapled it underneath. she already has been jumping up and down up and down up and down. its really sweet!

oly problem thus far is she has never done this before with the shredded paper but she just keeps digging it out of her litter box. she started doing it last night in the other cage i had her in but she would always pee and poop in the litter box. and then now probably because of the cage change shes pooped all over the upstairs and then she peed in the litter box but she definately doesnt like where it is. i did move it from where it was on the other side hopefully she will just catch on and leave it alone ill have to wait a few days and see shes very smart nd she probably will. but if she doesnt ill have to move it back. thats ok though!

Yeah when I first put Cosmo's litter box in the NIC cage he was peeing and pooping outside the box in a different corner, so I cleaned up the mess and that spot is where the litter box went. :)

I'm glad Charmmy likes her new cage! :)

yeah shes doing it all oddly pon the top part of the cage so i guess it may move there i just have to zip tie the thing or it become a frisbee again and well thats not fun time for me. but oh shes just having a grand ole time. i keep getting this reaction " how does the bun ny live in a 2 story carpet loft!? how can she live better than we do?!"

Beauty would move her litter box to the exact opposite space in her cage. She would then go to the bathroom in the spot where the litter box USED TO BE. I ended up having to punch a hole in the box and use a carabeener to atach it in the spot that she picked as her bathroom.

Shiny Things moves her box around all day. It is one of her favorite toys. She still somehow manages to go in the box most of the time, no matter where in her cage it is.

if it's just poop outside the box, she's probably just marking her new territory - it should subside in a couple days.

I dunno, I thought that the pooping outside her litter box would stop after a while with Teddy; never did. Still, she keeps it in her cage mostly, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Back