Changing where she 'goes' when outside her cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaran

Reaction score
Hello all,

My beloved Hanna has proven not to be a difficult and mischievous enough to leave out of her cage for pretty much most all of the time now. She has chosen a 3ft by 3ft or so area of my room to relieve waste..and instead of having to lay down rag towels that I have to shake out and wash all the time I'd like to make her use an actual litter box. I tried putting down the one she normally goes in while in her cage, but she won't use it out in my room.

How can I get her to use it? She's already trained on bathroom location, but not the proper toilet..

Helpful suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you tried putting her poos and some wee in it so that she realises what it is for? And maybe cleaning where she normally goes with a distilled vinegar and water solution so that she doesn't smell where she normally goes, just smells where you want her to go?

Another thing to do might be to put some of the 'stuff' she normally goes on (towels?) inside the litter tray too. I had one for a while who would only go in a litter tray if there was a bit of fleece in there :rollseyes Maybe she needs to towels to realise it's a toilet.

Latest posts

Back