Changing of the seasons...and of the wardrobe! And, oh the joys of being short!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
So I went shopping today :). While I love shopping, it's been an issue for me in the past since my body image tends to be, well, crappy. But today was a really good day and I got through it relatively unscathed -- and had fun in the process!

I started out at Walmart and got two henleys that were really cute. They are 3/4 length sleeves and thin enough to wear in the early fall and then wear underneath something during the winter. I love layering, so it was all good. And the best part is that they were only $5.00 each! I then skipped on over to Target (which is my fave store) and got zippo. I liked this one hoodie, but it was short-sleeved and I couldn't see spending the money on something that wouldn't take me through the season. We'll see though because I really did like it -- maybe I'll go back in a couple of weeks to get it when it's a tad lower in price. But, seriously, Target had no jeans or pants that I liked and that was kind of disappointing. We then went to an outlet store not too far away and I hit the mega jackpot!

They had a ton of capris from spring and summer on sale for $7.99 each and so I was going to get a pair or two to put away for next year, but when I tried them on I realized they fit little 'ole me perfectly as regular length pants! I'm barely 5 foot so it was pretty awesome! I wound up getting three pairs and they all were so cute and even came with different styled belts (which I needed some of)! And, best yet, three pairs of pants cost less than $30.00. Woohoo!

I also got a couple of plain long-sleeved t-shirts to wear underneath sweaters or hoodies or on their own, a few cute patterned thermal long-sleeved tee's, and two pairs of shoes. And let's not forget some nice new pj's, a couple bras, and a purse! And all that cost just under $100.00. Now that's what I call a bargain!

I'm pretty much set for this year now. I had tons of cute stuff from last year, but only the shirts and sweaters can really be used again. I've put on some much needed weight over the summer and my jeans from last year are just a tad tight at this point. That's a point of contention for me, but I know I'm getting closer to where I need to be physically and I need to focus on that instead of the clothing sizes and numbers on the scale. It's just hard because, well, nevermind...

Anyway, so today was a fun day. And now I get to clean out my closet and drawers to make room for the fall stuff. I love organizing so that's just icing on the cake!

Have any of you done the changing of the seasons and wardrobe change yet? Any styles you can't wait for this season? Anything you'll be glad to see go? Where do you shop and what's your typical style? I love fashion, I just can't afford it -- so let me live vicariously through all of you!

:p:);).

we've gone shopping, we had to though, i out grew a bunch of stuff since last year:shock:.

i got a total of 3 pairs of (flirt style:p) jeans from old navy, two pairs we got for $12 each:biggrin2:! and a ruffle dress(i wear a shirt under it)-
on599764-01p01v01.jpg

and i got some shirts from target in brown,black, white, cream and that reddish color that's kinda purple that's so hot this fall. those werea great find, it's hardto find shirts that fit me well and these are long enough that i can wear my insulin pump in my pocket and the shirt covers the tubbing:biggrin2:.

i also found a knee lenght black skirt at target.

we still have some looking to do for the rest of the stuff, thought.

oh, and i did get two long sleave shirts from lands' end in black and white. and i'm getting these from them too because i haven't got any closed in shoes other than tennis shoes from errand running and stuff(black ballet flats and boots with two inch heels don't work for grocery shopping,LOL!). any way, these are the shoes-
247709_AH08_LF_CHO

and that's about it!

Well, since Anna mentioned Old Navy I decided to check out their website. I love Old Navy but haven't been for a while since the store right near my house closed.I see them around everywhere but never stop in because it always seems like I'm running late for something. So I took a little gander and came away $150.00 poorer.

:shock:.

It's a good thing I had put aside money specifically for fall shopping. Grr. It drives me crazy that so many of my clothes from last year don't fit -- I guess the right thing to do would be to donate them. I'm thinking a women's shelter. Anyway, I got a new coat, a couple 3/4 sleeve shirts, a few sweaters, and a black camisole since I needed a new one.

So...now I really am good for fall/winter/spring. Yahoo! I'm just glad I'm finished because as much as I love shopping, it can be a pain too. I still have some money put aside for incidentals, but I'm relieved to have gotten this all done.

Now I just can't wait until they all get here -- 3 business days and counting ;).

Oh man....I wish no one had mentioned Old Navy....I just had to go look. I was good though...my mom sent me a $40 check to spend on myself...and I didn't spend anything.

I love their v-neck tshirts and their scoop neck tshirts..

Alexah wrote:
Well, since Anna mentioned Old Navy I decided to check out their website. I love Old Navy but haven't been for a while since the store right near my house closed.I see them around everywhere but never stop in because it always seems like I'm running late for something. So I took a little gander and came away $150.00 poorer.

:shock:.

oops!

so, what did you get? i posted the pics i did by right clicking them and copying them and then pasting them in to here:)

yeah, old navy is one of my fave places to shop. i got some bronze flips a few months ago from there for $5! and i got some wrap tops with my own money that i (have to)wear either strappy tops under or a tee shirt. i really like those, they'll work for fall winter and spring, depending on what color i wear(i got white, teal and a dark, dusty purple):biggrin2:

I haven't been shopping yet (except to buy a fall leather jacket back in June) but will need to pretty soon. Today it feels like fall is in the air here. Sheesh, summer's almost gone already.

(That little dress ladybug posted is really cute!)

Latest posts

Back