Changing buns schedule?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we3pnuts

Reaction score
Is it possible to change a buns schedule? Diamond always wants to run and play around the time I'm ready for bed. I give her about a half hour but then I have to put her away for the night and she HATES it. She has all day to run and play. She gets free roam but she chooses to snooze all day under the bed. How would I go about changing her schedule? Even if it's by a little bit.

Unfortunately, that is how rabbits are. Rabbits are crepuscular meaning they are most active at dawn and dusk. I've yet to find a way to change their activity level throughout the day.

Unfortunately you just have to work with her.:dunno Ruby and Millie will always sleep during the day even when they have a massive run and tons of toys to run about and play with, yet in the evening (and morning) they run about doing binkies when I am trying to get them in their hutch!;)

It's just the way rabbits are - like we are more active during the day than at night. I'm afraid you can't change it.

It must be possible. I mean, I know that you can change the cycle of a nocturnal animal by adjusting the lighting. I just don't know how you would do it.

Hmm, I'm not sure if it's possible to change a bunnies sleeping patterns, and I doubt they'd want them changed!I agree,I think the best thing would to attach a run to her cage for the night.

Hmm.. Not sure what else to do! :ponder:Anyone?

missyscove wrote:
It must be possible. I mean, I know that you can change the cycle of a nocturnal animal by adjusting the lighting. I just don't know how you would do it.
I don't think it could really be done by adjusting the lights, as my girls live outside year round yet they are always active at the same time (6, 7, 8, 9 am/pm). It doesn't matter whether it's summer and still light or winter and pitch black, their routine stays the same!:?

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
It doesn't matter whether it's summer and still light or winter and pitch black, their routine stays the same!:?
I agree with that for sure. I had my bunnies right under my window for quite a few months and every morning I'd hear them banging around at the same time weather it was the dead of winter and pitch black outside or the middle of summer with a lot of light.

The only time I see my bunnies activity level change is when I bring them food. ;)Then, no matter what time of day, they start running laps in excitement, LOL.

I didn't really mean that it could be done by changing the lights. I just meant that I know nocturnal animals' schedules can be changed.

In Alaska the light changes drastically from winter to summer and my rabbit'spersonal agendastays mainly the same. He does live indoors though so that might make a difference.

Latest posts

Back