Changes after spay/neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnbunn

Reaction score
Hey bunny lovers. I was wondering what personality changes did your bunnies or bunny go through after being fixed? I plan on neutering Oreo once he's old enough. He's a pretty cool little guy now and hope neutering makes him even better. He's doing great with his litter pan. Picked right up on it with no problem. He likes being pet and tolerates being held. The previous owners child payed with them so that must've helped with being very tame. Anyway thanks for any responses. :rabbithop:rabbithop

My Ash isn't neutered but I think the personality changes for the better. I think they get more friendly their litter habits get better and they no longer have all those hormones. It does take a month to clear the hormones away though.

My little guy was just neutered 2 weeks ago and he is already a way better pet. Before his neuter he would circle and hump me and also kind of nip at me when he was feeling amorous. He also would leave little poos everywhere to mark his territory but thankfully never sprayed.

Post neuter he no longer humps, nips, or circles. He also doesn't poo everywhere anymore! It's so nice not having to clean up after him every day. Most of his poos now land in the litterbox.

Other than the behavior changes, nothing else has changed. He is still super cuddly and affectionate.

I was worried about Twigs changing when he got neutered. There was a little change as in he didn't try to attach and hump my poor daughter to death lol. Other then that he's still just as friendly and has is awesome with his litter box. He did get a littler fatter since he wasn't running as much. Would chase her around ALL DAY. But we just cut back on pellets and treats and he's fine.

I read somewhere on the forum that someone's rabbit was super friendly and neat, and after they got him neutered, he turned into a little monster and started biting and being a brat. This seems to be one of the rarer cases, as most neutered rabbits turn for the better.

I read somewhere on the forum that someone's rabbit was super friendly and neat, and after they got him neutered, he turned into a little monster and started biting and being a brat. This seems to be one of the rarer cases, as most neutered rabbits turn for the better.

I think I remember reading that.

I guess we'll see. The poo in his cage isn't too bad. I clean it when I dump his litter pan. He's done we'll, thank goodness. Bedding would get stuck in his fur. He's a hairy lil man. Thanks for the replies.

Bandit was much the same as everyone elses buns. He would circle and grunt at me (no humping thank goodness), he occasionally nipped and while he liked being petted, he didn't thrive on it. After neuter, he stopped circling, he sometimes still grunts when he's feeling playful and he no longer nips (though whether that's due to the neuter or due to our being persistent with trying to train him not to do it I don't know). He also is absolutely in love with head rubs now, something that he didn't really like before, now he will sit there and happily have you rub his head for half an hour. It's adorable.

Latest posts

Back