change of plans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Well folks,

Sorry for leaving so abruptly last night. After too many nights of toolittle sleep and too much worrying, I couldn't seem to summon up aninterest in anything. Last night I felt just plain dead, like it alljust hit me at once. I thought I'd take a break from the board and seehow things went. I thought I'd be back, but wasn't sure I had the heartto post if things went wrong. Should have explained, I know, but Icouldn't seem to face talking about it anymore, and the worry was hardto put into words.

Carolyn, I'm sure you remember white nights worrying about Fauna--whatto do, what might happen, and always imagining the worst. I love my Izso much, and I once lost a beloved doe to uterine cancer. That spectrewas looming large the past few days with Izzy's symptoms. I wascontemplating spaying, but they can never be sure it's cancer beforethey operate...I might put her through needless pain...what's best forher, after all? And she's older, and our vets aren't that great....onand on.

But plans have changed. I've finally gotten some sleep, and thismorning Izzy finally appears to be out of the woods. She looks not onlyhealthy but radiantly so. In mylast post about her, I wasleaning toward a kidney stone or harmless porphyria, but there were afew more nights of waiting and watching before I could be sure. Andthose took a toll. It was so hard to go out in the morning and not besure what I'd find. If Iz had had cancer, and it was at that stage, Iknew she'd likely start deteriorating quickly as poor Min did, in amatter of days. I knoew what to watch for, and I dreaded seeing thesigns again. It seemed to hit me worse at night, the worrying. Duringthe day I was slightly more optimistic.

So things lookmuch betterthis morning. Afterfearing the worst, I'm finally coming to terms with the fact thatshe'll be around for awhile yet, God willing. Thanks for all your loveand support, and if I disappear abruptly again....just tell me to getsome sleep....;)

Rose

Whew! I am so glad things are lookingup for you! You are such a great person on this forum, I donot know what we would do without you!! I understand theworry though, it really can drain you! I really hope thingscontinute to do well!! Tracy

I'm praying she will be ok and I'm thrilled to hear she seems to be improving.

I'm assuming I missed the post about her, sorry. You had me all confused and worried last night. :(

Thank God, Rose.

I was so worried we'd lose you and I was afraid that something someonehad said upset you so much that you felt the need to walk away.

I completely understand what you're going through. I can'tsay I wouldn't follow the same thought-pattern or behavior when thetime comes for my little ones. When Tucker and Fauna weregoing through their troubles, I wasn't on the board much atall. I couldn't bear the thought of coming on without havingthem.

Sleep does help, but the stress of losing our loved ones hits harderthan you think when it happens. I was devastated thinkingthat Fauna had a kidney disease and I'd lose her. The samewith waiting for Tucker to get through his GI Stasis when my animalhospital said, "Don't bother to bring him in, we can't helphim."

If there's ever anything I can do to help you, please let meknow. Even if your vet isn't good, I'm sure I can tap into afew places and people to help direct you to a more rabbit savvy vet inyour area.

Kisses to Iz and Bubbers.

I'm so relieved you're not leaving, Rose.

-Carolyn

I think we can all sympathize with you, Rose.Most of use have lost close family members, other pets, good friends,etc.And I'm sure that more than a few of us havelayedawake a few nights worried we're going to lose someone.

Weknow how itis and completely undertand your reaction last night.

Take care.

Thanks for understanding and support, folks! No,it certainly wasn't any of you making me leave! I appreciate all you'vedone to help since I've joined.

Rose

Aww rabbitgirl, glad your back with us. I thoughtyou had been offened. You must of been so worried this past few dayswith little Izzy. Yeah I agree with you - She maybe old but she's gotloads of life in her -She WILL be around for a while. She'llfight! All the worry does take its toll on you at night. I find if I'mworried then it is almost twice as bad at night. Make sure you keepyour strength up and get lots of rest!

Again glad your back!!!

Vickie x

So glad that your day looks brighter todayRose!!!!! You know you can depend on everyone here when thegoing gets tough.

Pam

Hi Rose!

Thanks for not leaving us. We're to much like family to have someoneleave so abruptly. But I can understand how you were feeling.

We're here for you any time you need us.

Jim

Somebody needs to put an emergency broadcast out tocover the whole dang forum! I've been all over three posts trying tofigure out what the heck is going on with Rose! Okay, first...I'm sorryabout Iz. I don't think I even knew what all was going on with her.Toomany posts and too hard to keep up I guess. Whichgoesback to our "emergency broadcast system". I hope shereally is getting stronger and better. I know things seem gloomier atnight. I'm one of those people whodwell on things when thesun goes down, so I understand.

Now, that being said...DON'T EVER DO THATAGAIN! That was horrible notknowing whatwas wrong! We didn't know if it was bunny related, or personal or what.*scolding voice BIG TIME* I was really worried for you.Whenwe are all linked by computer and don't have personal information oneach other there isn't any way to check to make sure someone is okay.All we could do is wait to see if we heard from you again. *back tolove filled voice* You are one of the core group and we loveyou.If you need a "time out" PM one of us and let us know youare okay.

XOXO,

Raspberry

Raspberry, your "mom voice" is showing....lol

Thanks. I know I should have explained, but was just too tired and sad.And actually, I didn't figure I'd make much impact if I disappeared.People come and go on here all the time. Didn't realize people wouldget so worried if I went for awhile! :?

But it's nice to know people care. :D

And yes, Iz is very much NOT sick, so I am quite happy. That littleepisode scared me. I felt like the bottom dropped out of my stomachwhen I saw red under the cage...and thought....no, no, not my Izzy, notyet....

Rose

How scary...It can really be horrible to not know what's wrong with a pet/human inyour life. Your mind just keeps going over all these awfulpossibilities over and over. Luckily, it seems that Izzy'sout of danger, and hopefully she won't scare you that much for at leasta little while (Mom's need a break!). =)

--Melissa and Umbra

rabbitgirl wrote:
And actually, I didn't figure I'd make much impactif I disappeared. People come and go on here all the time. Didn'trealize people would get so worried if I went for awhile! :?

Rose
:X

WOULDN"T NOTICE YOU BEING GONE??? THAT ISABSOLUTE NONSENSE!! Rose, I know how it all just seems to sneak up onyou and pounce...I've been there a lot of times but we would all worryabout you. Your posts are always so endearing to read and I love BUBand the rest of your bun family so I would hate for you to ever leave.I am glad that Iz seems to be turing the corner for the better, pleasekeep us posted on her progress if you feel up to it.

Fergi's mom

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
rabbitgirl wrote:
Raspberry,your "mom voice" is showing....lol

Rose
Actually this is a good thing; Raspberry beat me to the punch!

That post was very upsetting. We didn't know what wasgoing wrong. I'm supposed to be asleep rightnow. In fact, I'm so sleepy that tears are rollingdown my eyes. I specifically broke my sleep cycle this earlyto come to the board to see if anybody knew what was going on.

I didn't know that Iszy was ill either. The board has beenmoving so fast and my time is so limited these days.

I'm so sorry to read that this has been going onbut am glad to know that things are on the upswing now.

I completely understand your frustration and fatigue, but please trynot to be so abrupt next time that you're in crisis. We'refamily here and family worries when one of its members is in distressand they don't know even the vaguest of details about what's going on.

(Edited to try to make this post make some sense. I'm going back to bed now.)

Grrr! I missed all this - darn time differencething - but all I can say is that, Rose we love you (and your bunfamily) and we would REALLY miss you and that I am sooo pleased Izseems to be OK. Who gave rabbits the right to vary the colour of theirpee:X. That is just not fair. Still, at least their poop isn't multicoloured :shock: - Jan

Latest posts

Back