Change of Color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_Muller

Reaction score
Is it normal for lionheads, or any other rabbit, to change length of fur and color? That is one thing I've not come across in books or heard/seen anyone else discuss yet. Our lionheads, Moses and General Snarf Lee have changed tremendously since we first got them.

Moses bear is growing much darker, almost black fur, like a mask around his forehead and face. He used to be more brown. He also used to look like he was wearing a hula skirt with the long fringe around his butt, belly and shoulders. He lost that and now has a huge mane with some fuzz-butt hair. His darkening head is crazy!

Gen-bun didn't change in color so much. He's still pretty dark charcoal gray, but his mane which is mostly like mutton chops (hence his name) have become longer and thicker. Very thick and cotton-like, unlike Moses bear's wispy fro. Gen-bun's mutton chops seem to be growing in at a lighter gray than they used to.

Is this much change normal? They were just at the vet and we were praised for as healthy as the bunbuns are inside and out, but I didn't think to ask her about the color and fur length changes.

By the way, I'm aware that they change someone in color, length and texture as they get older, but we didn't expect this much of a change. I guess it may depend on the bunnies' genes, too.

I've seen some rather extreme changes in color as a rabbit ages. This is especially true in some varieties more than others (such as shadeds). D'Argents also go through major color changes.

Pam

Jamie has changed color since i got him. his ose has gone from dark, dark brown to light brown to tan to white on the very inside. the nap of his neck has changed to tan, too. and his ears are getting a tan edging. it just hapen some times. like the horse of a differant color in the wizard of oz, they're bunnies of a differant color:biggrin2:!

sorry, spell check won't work, so i might have a few errors:grumpy:

Latest posts

Back