Chances of pregnancy after castration

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
I had a rabbit castrated a month ago, and this morning i found him out with an intact girl, i don't know how long they were together for because he was out during the night, he just wouldn't be caught to put away last night. So i know males can in theory get a girl pregnant after a castration, what do you think the chances realistically are of her getting pregnant?

There have been cases (on RO even) of bucks impregnating a doe 6 weeks after Neutering. (I always tell people to keep them apart for 8 weeks, just in case!) It is possible.

How receptive was she (is her vulva red and swollen? Is she "cooperating"?). Did you see him mount her?

Get a good, accurate weight on her today and keep track of her weight in 2 and 3 weeks. Sometimes they will show a slight weight gain afterthe second week.

Just be cautious and around July 19-20, be ready...

The chances are very high that shes pregnant. As BlueGiants mentioned, males can retain sperm for up to 6-7 weeks after a neuter.

Any chance you can get her in to be spayed ASAP?

Latest posts

Back