Chance is peeing blood

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a lot of problem....By sand do you mean calcium deposits like sludge?
If he is a foster does the rescue pay for all these tests? Does he seemlike he is in any pain now and if so can you give him something?

Sand as in sludge, correct. But it's all located in his kidneys, not his bladder. He said his bladder was just fine.

My vet is an angel, the most awesome person ever. He has only chargedme $2.00 for Chance's medication and $8.00 for the urinalysis. That'sit, no exam fee or any other fee's for tests. So I'm not beingbombarded with bills, thank goodness!

The rescue has been raising money to pay for his bills, but we're notgonna need much thanks to my incredibly freakin' awesome vet.:D

As far as fostering him, has anyone noticed lately that he may be staying here permanently? :lookaround

He's been through so much with me, I don't really know if it's possible to let him go.. LOL

Oh okay, that makes more sense. Poor little guy.

Your vet is wonderful. I hope the rescue refers people to them as some sort of compensation for his/her kindness.

I'll be praying for the little guy.

We refer many many people to him all the time.He's such a great vet, and he also owns rabbits as well. So he'sknowledgeable too! Couldn't ask for anything more in a vet. :cool:

I'm sure my little man will start feeling better soon. He said hedidn't want to put him on pain medication unless absolutely necessarybecause of his intestines being so raw and how the medication wouldinteract with his sensitive stomach. So we held off on the pain meds.

He seems to be feeling a little better this morning too. My vet saidthat as he gets more and more normal food into him, the better he'llfeel, because he was lacking and deficient in so many vitamins.

Look what Chance just pee'd out... pure sand. I felt it and it's allllll grit. OMG, my poor angel...

sand1.jpg

Latest posts

Back