Chalazion Cyst under eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never read this thread until today, the word "Chalazion" in the title scared me off!

I had several styes when I was a kid. There was one summer when I was plagued with tons of boils and styes. My mom and I were house-sitting for someone with a large indoor/outdoor dog, and my mom said I must have been "allergic to flea bites." I don't know if that's true or not, I never saw a doctor for it. My mom just lanced the boils herself. Ouch. For the styes, (I must have had 5 or 6 in one summer) I would just spend hours and hours with the hot compress on my face, the skin around my eyes even got prune-like from being moist for so long. Somehow, mine always cleared up from the compresses, and a bit of squeezing. :shock:

I hope your removal surgery goes ok!

I just dropped off my prescription refill with the pharmacy on campus today. Mine has gotten smaller with the eye drops, but it's not gone yet, so hopefully another round of drops will clear it up.

I really don't have the time or transportation to have any kind of surgery. sigh

BethM wrote:
I never read this thread until today, the word "Chalazion" in the title scared me off!

I had several styes when I was a kid. There was one summer when I was plagued with tons of boils and styes. My mom and I were house-sitting for someone with a large indoor/outdoor dog, and my mom said I must have been "allergic to flea bites." I don't know if that's true or not, I never saw a doctor for it. My mom just lanced the boils herself. Ouch. For the styes, (I must have had 5 or 6 in one summer) I would just spend hours and hours with the hot compress on my face, the skin around my eyes even got prune-like from being moist for so long. Somehow, mine always cleared up from the compresses, and a bit of squeezing. :shock:

I hope your removal surgery goes ok!

Thanks Hartelybun and everyone.

Thanks so much! I'm not nervous yet, haha.

Whoa, that is scarey. Quivers, lol. Glad it has to be done at hospital, at least. Only reason I'm even doing it is cuz peeps won't leave me alone about it. It is pretty big though...:shock:.

Good Riddance Bean...:spintongue

Missycove-keep me posted on how you are doing! Sounds like you got a grip on it anyway. Good Luck!:)

the next time someone says to me 'oooh look at that stye' i shall be able to reply in a smug tone ' actually it's a chalazion cyst':devil

good luck with the removal! bye bye bean:wave:

hartleybun wrote:
the next time someone says to me 'oooh look at that stye' i shall be able to reply in a smug tone ' actually it's a chalazion cyst':devil

good luck with the removal! bye bye bean:wave:

LOL!

Thank you and thanks everyone! It went well. I was quite bruised, looked like I knocked the you know what out! Swelling is down considerably and get to start warm compresses tomorrow. Didn't want to start them before then as bleeding may occur.

Apparently, I stopped breathing during the procedure with "twilight", but I know the doc may have put me more under than that as she knew I was anxious. I hear it happens more than you think, so, no worries there.

Healing well!

Thanks everyone!!:wave::D:hug:

Glad to hear things went well..how scarey you stopped breathing though.

but anyway glad that you are healing well

Thanks, Cheryl! Yeah, isn't that scarey? I've heard and heard it happens alot though. Weird.

Double N-I go to the dr this Wed for a check-up. I was wondering if reminants of the things are normal to still be there? Especially the one on top, I can still feel it in there, ugh. Don't think it's draining... Bottom is doing well, almost back to normal, can still feel some stuff in there as well, and that was where the 2 were. The one on top was small, but doesn't seem to be draining and still feels almost complete. Hmmm. She didn't say how often to do the compresses, so I've done a couple times a day for about 10 mins...

Missycove-how is your situation doing? I've read online that they can last a couple months before they go away. I hope yours does!

:bunnydance:glad it went ok!! if anyone comments on the bruising you could always repy

"yeah! but you should have seen the other guy". tho on second thoughts people may think you've taken up boxing:p

Mine is definitely smaller. I haven't tried wearing my contacts again yet though, which is the only way I really noticed in the first place- it bothered my contact.

missyscove wrote:
Mine is definitely smaller. I haven't tried wearing my contacts again yet though, which is the only way I really noticed in the first place- it bothered my contact.
That's great news! What did your doc say about the lense wearing? You probably shouldn't were them for a bit.;)

He didn't really... I just figured I wouldn't wear them again until it went away.

I figure when I do go back to contacts I'll confuse all the people in my classes from this semester who have only ever seen me with glasses.
My bf keeps telling me he likes it when I wear my glasses, but I really miss my peripheral vision. I've discovered glasses are extra awful when I have equestrian on Friday. They fog up as soon as I walk in the barn and it's hard to keep looking forward while trying to check my diagonal and make sure no one is coming up beside me when I can't see down or to the side.
This is what we get for fixing awful vision instead of letting natural selection get rid of genes like mine.

Well, darn it. Just as I suspected, the "remnants" aren't good. She walked in and said oh honey, it's swollen...:twitch: (Where's that crooked face that used to be at the beginning of the emots?)

Anywho, she said the glands are clogging up again.:grumpy: So, I have to do the compresses 4 times a day and push upwards on it to get it to drain. Plus, she gave me an antibiotic that will make the fluid thinner. She wanted to pinch the thing today to get drainage, but I wasn't having it, I freaked out.:run: So, I'm on these for another month and go back.;)

Back