Ceperax antibiotic help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Katy

I saw some of your posts on Eb . I just looked up cephalexin which cannot be given orally but cephalosporins can be given sq.

I don't know if you got the info already but post here again if need be.
( I'm the one who told you about bicillin at farm and fleet not knowing that you were in the UK)

Maureen

Hi Katy,

I don't know if I have a problem on this end but I didn't get anything from your original post so I am going off Maureen's post. Cephalosporins are not safe if given orally. They are only safe if injected. They are quite rude to the kidneys so if you do inject them, make sure your rabbit is properly hydrated. I assume you are under the advice of a vet. This class of drugs has never been really high on the favored list of rabbit drugs. However, there is a drug in this family, Convenia, that shows great promise in being a safe and effective drug for rabbits when used against sensitive bacteria.

Personally, I would like to hear more of the story here as to why this drug is being considered.

Randy

Latest posts

Back