Cecal Overproduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should fizzle out hopefully!

Someone once recommended doing the stunt double thing, but only bringing in the doubles during a session to see if the humper will hump the toy instead of the bun. Worth a shot!

My girl humped a lot the first few days, but she hasn't humped since (except right when I reintroduced them after Otto being at the vet, but that was because he smelled funny). Otto seemed to be humping whenever she would come in the litter box with him - not every time, but maybe 1 in 10 times. Wierdo. He only humped her face too, because it's easy and her booty is too big for him. lol

I really hope it fizzles out.
A stunt double eh? Lol i would love to try that, but I don't think in the situation it would work.

This is how it goes every single time:
Benji licks Pippin for minutes
Pippin licks Benji for a few seconds, then demands grooms
Benji licks Pippin for minutes
Pippin humps Benji's head (NEVER the back end)
Benji chases Pippin trying to bite him

But it only happens maybe once out of every 10 bonding sessions, but it's enough to stop them being able to live together full time!

Sorry...hijacking thread a little :ph34r2:whistling

Haha, no prob with the hijacking! Bonding is at the top of my interest list right now too.

How long are your sessions? Have you tried anything like 5hrs to see if they'll knock it off and settle in? Or do they annoy each other more and more over time?

Mine were a little humpy and demanding of grooms for at least 30 minutes, but after that they just snuggled. That's why I decided to move them in together, because I figured they would get over the other stuff early and then just chill together.

Yeah- sometimes they are just half an hour, and sometimes like 4/5hours. The atmosphere etc. seems to just stay the same whether it's a short or a long session- with the buns lol! With me I get more and more stressed, which is obviously not great for the buns at all!
The longer the sessions, the more stressed I get, worrying that someone will get hurt. Noone ever does, except one little scab on Pippin's side, which I found days later (so could have been from anything), but I still worry!!

I'm just hoping they'll 'click', and stop that **** humping!!!! Lol!

Back