CD rack.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitWolf

Reaction score
Would a CD rack attached to the cagebe a sutible hay rack?

Are you refering to the wire CD racks? How would you get the hay in them if they are fastened to the cage wall?

I had a lionhead a couple of years ago as a single rabbit. I was not rabbit savvy then, but did know enough to feed unlimited hay. And I did fasten a CD rack to his cage in order to hold hay. But I had to cut away one side of it and then get rubber to line the rough edges so that he didn't cut himself. It was quite an endeavor and honestly I don't think it worked that well. In my opinion it would be easier to get a NIC panel and bend it so that it can hold hay. Other options are store-bought hay racks, wooden boxes, placing the hay in the litter pan (which also helps with litter training), and metal "shower caddies" to hold hay.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

It was kind of difficult to see in the picture, but it looks like it would work for a hay rack. Please let us know how it holds up and how the bunny (I know you don't have one yet, but in the future) likes it.

I use 2 hay racks zip tied together. The ones I have are triangular shaped. I use S hooks to attatch it to the cage.

7Korr.jpg

This is not a great pic, but the rack is on the right side. There is no hay in the pic, but I put some in after taking the pics. It was taken a while ago.

Looks great to me!

I have a big wire basket I got from Target in one of the kitchen aisles that works great.

Latest posts

Back