Cats v Dogs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
OK, so I know all of us on here are bunny people!:bunnydance: But I was wondering I you like cats or dogs better.

Personally I prefers cats, there is just something about dogs I don'tlike:disgust:...maybe something to do with the whole wanting to killrabbits thing:dunno:...but I just love cats.:biggrin: I have two myself(not pedigree or anything but still very special) a ginger male,Moppet, and a black/ginger female, Mitten.

So, what do you prefer and if you have either or both you cantell usif you want.:)

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

I love cats because they're so independant and carefree, but at the same time, very loyal and affectionate.

Greta :) and the boys :brownbunny:brownbunny

We had a kitty for 18 years, my parents got himbefore I was born, but we also have 2 golden retrievers right now, andMissy is totally my baby. It's a toss up. We weremaybe going to get another kitty, but then we got the buns.

I grew up always having both cats and dogs. Ihave a special place in my heart for both. My hubby's dad hates cats sohe's grown up with that mentality. I know eventually we'll have a dog,one that's good with our buns,and hopefully I'll get him tolet me have a cat some day.

I could live happily ever after never having a cat... but I'd die if I couldn't have a dog.

Unfortunately I share my home with FIVE cats because my hubby and kids enjoy kitties, but I have two dogs too so I'm happy :)

When I was little I use to be the neighbourhoodscats best friend, and they always came up to me for a stroke.But about 5 years ago there has not been many cats around myroad. So I have kind of 'grown out of them' I dontknow how to say it, that actually sounds really mean!:shock:But I love cats. My dad is allergic to themso I suppose I have always known I could never have one, so I moved onto dogs.

I couldnt possibly live without dogs. I love them even morethan cats. I want every breed in the book! But mydream dog is a Bull Terrier.

Most definitely dogs....my barn cats areconstantly getting in my way because they love me too much...and itreally bothers me because i'll trip carrying something heavy like afeed bag that i can't drop.

-Ellie

Cats! Dogs are great but I'm really a cat person. My cat, Ollie,isthe most friendly cat I've ever met! He always follows me around, andif he can't sit on my knee because of the way I'm sitting he will lieacross my feet or something to be as close to be as close to me aspossible. He absolutely loves being cuddled and willlie onhis back looking for attention if he doesn't get enough. :rollseyesHesits up at the tablewith us and sleeps on the bed withus.He is so much more human than he is cat!:DDogsare really fun, but cats will always have my heart!;)

I'm a dog person because I'm allergic to cats.

My dog is GREAT with the rabbits. He just follows themaround, cleaning up behind them! He thinks they are treatdispensers!

I think rabbits are very similar to cats, at least mine are.They groom constantly, use litter boxes, sleep a lot and like to dotheir own thing (expecially my diva, Snuggy).She'sdefinitely not a "people person".

If given the choice, I would opt for a dog overa cat, but truthfully, all animals appeal to me. I have owned both dogsand cats, and will say that I find cats harder to care for -at least the ones I've owned. Most animals I adopt tend to be fromshelters or were abandoned during their lives, and they often come with'issues' attached. But I wouldn't give up any of them for anything. Oneof the closest animals I had in my life was a cat (Snooch)...and thedog I have right now, as well as one of my two cats, are both extremelyclose to me as soulmates.

So I guess I'm saying that while I tend to prefer dogs, cats melt my heart just as easily. :)

I love cats! I grew up with them and Ihave two now. They're like snotty little house-rulingpeople.:D I definately prefer independant animals.

I used to be afraid of dogs, but some of my friends are helping withthat because they have big friendly dogs. I seriously hatehaving my face licked, though. My husband wants a pugeventually, so I guess I better learn.

I love cats and dogs, equally. My entire life,I've had at least one or the other, but usually at leastoneof each. Right now I have 2 Siberian Huskies. They are actually prettyclose in temperment to cats, especially in the aspect that they arealoof and independent. They love attention, but on their own terms.When people ask about them I tell them they're like a cat and dog allrolled into one. LOL

Heather

Spring wrote:
Iwould probably have to say dogs. Unless I had an indoor cat, I couldn'tdeal with constant dead 'presents' being brought to me.
Since cats are better off being indoor-only anyway, that's not much of a problem.:)

I don't think my cats would know what to do with live prey. Lily would probably try to cuddle with it.

I like cats a lot, but all my cousins have dogsand so did my grandmother when i was young. I liked cats but was putoff them for a while wen my friends gerbil was eaten by one, and itonly had three legs :X:X:X:X

but never the less i like cats now but like dogs sooo much more, myfavourite would be a king charles spaniel OR a german shepherd. my mumis allergic to fur so i can have neither dog OR cat. BUt i mean how cutis this pic?? its two king charles spaniels!!

I'm stuck between the two. Though Iprefer to have cats in my house as companions (mostly because I don'thave room for a doggy), I would not turn down the idea of adopting apuppy in the future. Heck, I have plans to offer my futurebig ol' backyard to my sister's dog, Minnie!

I love how independant, self-providing, sleek, and glamorous catsare...yet I love how goofy, bounding, funny, and just plain sillypuppies are. They each are quite beautiful in my eyes, andeach are amazing companions. I know most people (mostlypeople that have never had a cat) think kitties are aloof...but I'vehad the priviledge of having more cats that are lap cats and snugglebugs, than aren't. And the only reasons the ones that didn'tqualify weren't so prone to wanting human company was because they'dhad past trauma of some sort. :( And in having over20 cats, I think I mostly certainly qualify for having a valid opinionon the subject. :)

I think a lot can be said to be wonderful about both species...and willnever choose one animal over another, no matter which two animals theyare! Heck, I hate hearing people hurting things likeopossums...I can find beauty and wonderfulness in ANY animal!They are all incredible to me...I just can't choose! :D

Edit: I have two wonderful kitties right now. Sunny is ourQueen of the Household, while Hobbes is our Comic Relief (cat who hasMANY dog-like traits...hehe). They're both two years of age,from the same litter, and VERY strongly bonded. It's a bondbetween kitties that's stronger than any I've seen thus far...and Ireally treasure it. There's so much love between them, andbetween them and us...it's really beautiful, and I feel sopriviledged! :D

Here's a picture (Sunny on the left, Hobbes on the right):
2d9s3zs.jpg

Latest posts

Back