CatNap from the Heart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueFrog

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As those who frequent the Rescue Me section are aware, CatNap from the Heart has been an essential partner in saving many rabbits fromChicago-area open intake shelters, pluspregnant rabbits other shelters have refused, and local strays too. Although CatNap does not bill itself as a no-kill, for all practical purposes it is. There is no time limit for any animal lucky enough to find safety there, and some spend months (in the case of certain cats, years) awaiting new homes in a bright, sunny setting.

Due to the economy, both adoptions and donations are way down, so much so that there has been discussion by the financial people about no longer accepting any "critters,"especially rabbits. The director is fighting this move, but without fundsfor food, bedding, and speutering, it will become a moot point.

There are many ways you can help, whether you're local or half a continent (or more!) away.

• The shelter will be holding an open house this coming Sunday, December 7th, from 11 - 4. The place will be packed with cat people, which is great. I would love to see a big presence by the local rabbit peopleto show our support for their small animal rescue work. If it helps entice some to visit, I will mention that they will be selling cages, carriers, and probably other useful bunny supplies too. And nuts! Don't forget the holiday nuts!
  • If you're not local, or can't attend, please consider sending a donation this holiday season, and specifying they are for the rabbits (or, generally, "critters," which at CatNap denotes anything that isn't feline). Even the smallestsum would help support the animals.
  • Of course, volunteers, foster homes, and above all else, adoptive homes, are enthusiastically sought.
Thanks for reading and considering supporting this worthwhile cause. It's no secret that they and I have had our differences of opinion, sometimes heatedly so, but I still support their overall mission and hope that they will continue to beable tosave"critters" in the coming year.

Happy holidays to all,

T. Phillips (a.k.a. BlueFrog)

Peeps & Squeaks Animal Rescue

Hi guys,

CatNap is doing quite well in the ZooToo contest but they really need your help. If they win a makeover, there will finally be a critter room!! :cool:

I live in Chicago but if i find myself out in La Grange ill check out the shelter.

Latest posts

Back