Catching a loose bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linsssey

Reaction score
So before I begin I just want everyone to know that I know that letting rabbits loose is NOT the right thing to do.

Back in March my dad brought home rabbits that no one wanted from an auction. I brought one back to my apartment with me and He is happy and healthy. The others ones were living in outside hutches that I had rabbits in when I was younger. They are holland lops and mini rex. Since then, My dad decided to get into breeding rabbits commercially as his latest project.

The mini rex breed and holland lop breeds do not fit his commercial standard and this morning he decided to let the two remaining bunnies that I have not yet been able to find homes for loose in our yard. My dog and my parents dog have been chasing them all day. I am so upset at my dad for this.

Anyway, Does anyone have tips at catching rabbits? my yard has a ton of places for bunnies to hide. Im working on finding cages to put them in right now until I can find somewhere to keep them.

Sorry about any bad grammar or confusing-ness, I am trying to type fast so I can go out and catch them before it gets dark.

I would try those spring cage type things that people use to catch wild animals. Put some good veggies and fruits in a hopefully they spring the trap. That's my only idea.

I managed to catch the two bunnies. I was able to corner them in a garden and slowly approach them. The little lop is super friendly and he didn't try to run. The mini rex was a little harder to catch and took a little longer.

I am so mad at my dad. Along with taking my rabbit hutch over, my dog's kennel has rabbits in it along with my wire rabbit cages. The two I just caught are living in our cage we use when we hatch chickens. They are both males so I am hoping they will be okay until I can buy/find other cages.

If anyone lives in the Buffalo NY area and knows someone that wants a bunny please let me know! I will try to post pictures of them. One is a tricolor mini rex that looks just like my bunny Melvin and the other is a tan colored holland lop. Both are males.

That's great!! I hope you find homes soon. If they aren't nuetered when their hormones kick in they are going to start fighting.

I realize they will fight They are not neutered and I do not have the money to spare to neuter them at the moment. This was the best I could do for tonight without my father getting mad. My parents will not allow rabbits inside and he took my other housing options away. My two bunnies are living in my house with my boyfriend where I spend 2 days of the week. My parents and I do not get along for many reasons but I have only been able to get a job that is close to their house and thus why I am living here. My boyfriend cannot take care of anymore pets at his house so I take care of them here. Im at a loss on how to fix this problem my dad has created. I have found homes for two bunnies already but am having trouble finding more of them.

Do you have a carrier or anything you can keep one in? I would not trust 2 intact males together, they can fight to the death and I'd hate to see one die needlessly. Even some wire to separate them in the cage could be suitable as a temporary fix.

Latest posts

Back