Cataracts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elvis_Mama

Reaction score
Hello all!
So my rabbit is quite elderly (13 years this past May). I'm noticing in the last few weeks that his one eye is completely clouded and blue. The other is starting to go cloudy too although not as bad. When I googled it, it said cataracts were the likely cause. We don't have a rabbit savvy vet here but there's one in the next city. Should we take him in to have it diagnosed? He doesn't travel well and we recently moved so he's been pretty stressed already and I am concerned about causing him further stress. :(

It would be best to see a vet as soon as possible, but I wouldn't think of it as an emergency. Give your bun a few days to de-stress and then talk to the vet and see what they can do. however if your bun seems to be in pain or anything out of the norm, then it would be best to see the vet quickly.Best luck to you and your bun! :)

I dont think theres a need to rush him to a vet. Especially att his age. However it may be bestt to get him checked outt to ensure that is whatt it really is and not an infection or something else. And sometimes it can be painful so maybe something like metacam for comfort?
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Disorder/Cat/Cat_en.htm

Latest posts

Back