Cat Box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizm

Reaction score
I just saw Dusty digging in the catbox--would he eat the feline feces & clay?? I just chased him out, but I have a feeling he might go to the bathroom in the same box if I let him. I could change the cat's litter to Woodypet, but I don't know if the cat droppings would be dangerous. The cat gets along wonderfully with the bunnies by the way, and wouldn't be threatened territorially by a bunny using his box.

I don't know about this, it is just my opinion but I think it would be better to keep them using seperate litter boxes. You have to be careful with letting different species mix to closely. Also even if the cat is not teritorial rabbits can be so maybe the bunny would start trying to claim the box for his own and this could lead to trouble?

Well, Leonid is outside and doesn't know what's going on ;) *shhhhhh*
Well actually I JUST put the two buns outside in their crudely built rabbit run and Leonid ran over to play with them. I'm mostly worried about any bunny health concerns related to the cat's unsanitary box.

Leonid is unlike any cat I've ever seen. He actually plays with squirrels (truely plays) and ever since Leonid "bonded" with a lost chicken I brought home, he hasn't killed a single bird and it's been over a year now! :shock: He's truely amazing. That chicken used to follow him around the yard and Leonid would hang out with him and actually protect the bird from other neighborhood cats! The rabbits are a confusion to him though because he'll bat a toy at the bunnies and look very confused when the bun eats the toy rather than bat it back to him. He doesn't think they are much fun, but you can tell that he sees the rabbits as creatures that belong to his pets (which are us humans of course) so he must look after the rabbits as well. He curls up with them in their cage too :)

*edits*
You brought up another good point about Dusty being territorial--He was already grunting at me, lol. If that becomes a problem I could just move the box. Dusty is allowed out of his cage at times when Leonid is usually outside though, so I don't think his territorial nature will pose too much conflict in this case.

Latest posts

Back